PDA

View Full Version : Win XP gotcha!

bobschm
07-10-2003, 01:29 PM
Just upgraded to XP. It does seem a little faster than Win98 to load programs. To early to tell if it's more stable.

The only hitch was that for some reason all my joystick settings went back to default in FS2002. All the assignments and sensitivities had to be rebuild by hand. I wish I had preserved the FS2002 directory separately, so I could have reloaded it quicker.

Bob

wsieffert
07-10-2003, 01:35 PM
It is because WinXP uses a different joystick ID configuration. If you still have your old fs2002.cfg, look for double joystick sections (normal/slew). One will be for Win98 and the other WinXP.

W. Sieffert

rsmith6621
07-10-2003, 08:10 PM
It only took me a year and 7 formats and installs, two hard drives, to get my WinXP STABLE........

I hope you have beeter luck now.....

Oh!!!!!!!.........A word of advise........If It is running fine with out the service packs.......FOR GOODNESS SAKES......dont download them.....Dont fix what isnt BROKEN.

Regards

[link:pub207.ezboard.com/bpoliticsgivemelibertyorgivemedeath|http://www.flightsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3ebc366554e720bc.jpg ]

My Library of Real World Aviation Images is GROWING FAST.

[link:www.airliners.net/search/photo.search?photographersearch=Randall%20Smith&distinct_entry=true|Airliners.net] | [link:www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1274|JetPhotos.net] | [link:www.planepictures.net/netsearch.cgi?rsmith6621@attbi.com|Plane Pictures.net]
[link:www.billygraham.org/believe/howtobecomeachristian.asp|A Plan For Your Consideration]
[link:www.ezboard.com/bpoliticsgivemelibertyorgivemedeath/Ultimate.cgi|Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death Check This Out]

wolfpack27278
07-10-2003, 08:45 PM
For me XP hasnt been a problem with the service packs...... (Even though I wish I could use IBM's old OS/2, maybe they will bring it back someday!!)