PDA

View Full Version : FS 2002 Joystick question

MThomas02
07-05-2003, 02:10 PM
Hi all. I've got an old Virtual Pilot Pro by CH Products. It's got to be at least 4-5 years old. When I'm flying at lower altitudes my flight becomes really jerky, but only in the pitch of the aircraft. This applies for all the aircraft in my FS. I've installed Touradg Morassaei's Flight Dynamic Package 2003. Does anyone have any idea what this could be? Is this the way Aircraft are supposed to perform?

Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Matt

BobChurch
07-05-2003, 06:37 PM
Turn on your FPS display and see what your frame rate does. Usually what happens is that the frame rate drops considerably when you get down close to the ground because of the increased detail (buildings, other aircraft, etc.). The stick gets polled a lot less frequently (it's read once per frame) and the control response gets delayed. That causes you to over-control and it really feels like the stick isn't working correctly. Sometimes you can get used to it, just move the yoke slowly and keep in mind that the aircraft isn't responding immediately, but the only real fix is to get a better frame rate.

Hope this helps.

- Bob

The StickWorks
http://www.stickworks.com