PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer flight with router, DX9: Is it possible???

tellysurv
02-12-2003, 09:57 PM
Hi all,
I took the plunge and downloaded and installed DX9 the other night. I figured, what the hell, since the latest sim will automatically install DX9 and I'm gonna be buying it.
I'm also using a Siemens Speedstream 2604 router. I have forwarded all the ports that I can, I have enabled the DMZ, disabled the XP firewall, tried everything, but I still can not get online.

Funny thing is, I had this same problem when I initially set up the router, but finally got into MP games somehow. Then, right before I installed DX9, I tested the MP just to see if it worked and I could not connect. I made a restore point, then installed. Now, I still cant connect. I'm bummed. I dont play MP games that much, but I like to have the option. Plus I like things to work the way they are supposed to.

One thing I did notice in my router settings, in my virtual server area is something called "dplaysvr" that is set up with a subnet address looking thing "(255.255.255.255:47624) 47624UDP", I try to mess with it, alter it, update it, even delete it, but it wont change or go away.

Then there's another. This ones called "dpnsvr" and has the same address: "(255.255.255.255:6073)6073 UDP" and I cant change anything on it.
Now, I dont know what these are doing, but they are enabled and they may or may not be the culprit.

I'm calling out to all who can help or point me in the right direction.

I would really appreciate it!!!
Thanks,
Chris