PDA

View Full Version : Installing files/Instructions

beamer
10-01-2002, 03:07 PM
Hi, I found a file for download today at flight sim. called Watterep by Urban Potocrnik. This guy gives no instructions on how to install this. I wish that developers (some) would know that not everyone knows the ins and outs of flight simulator and everything that goes with it. Does anyone know how this file should be installed into flight simulator? Thank you, beamer

Ivaneck
10-01-2002, 03:34 PM
Hello,

Perhaps Mr. Potocnik don't speak english. Only a supposition, who knows. But in this case, is better to release his work without explanation, than leave it forsaked in your disk... and he can't defend itself under this circumstances.

The installation consists in replacing two sets of standard FS2002 files (75 .bmp files in total) by the new ones supplied in the zip.

The original files are located in the <Your FS2002 Folder>\SCENEDB\WORLD\TEXTURE. Backup them before replacing by the new ones.

Hope this helps,

Joan Coll
Barcelona, Catalonia

rservice
10-01-2002, 03:39 PM
Check the World/Texture folder under the Scenedb folder.This folder contains files of the same name. I would make a copy of the existing files and then extract the new files to this folder.When you start up FS2002, you may have to goto the world scenery drop down menu and add the new files. Hope this helps.

Simon Evans
10-01-2002, 03:44 PM
Curious. This appears to be the same file uploaded to Avsim w-a-y back in January of this year.

Wonder why it's suddenly arrived here, now..?

Simon Evans

piliwi
10-01-2002, 06:38 PM
Simply don't use it.
OceanFX is much better,you will be amazed!

Hans