PDA

View Full Version : Throttle clicking sound

Clarindo
05-27-2012, 01:47 AM
On a new computer I have FS9 installed and operating properly with one simple exception: whenever the throttle lever on the yoke is moved it is followed by a loud clicking noise which I have not been able to eliminate.

This loud clicking continues even though I uncheck all boxes in Options Settings\Sound\Engines, Cockpit Environment, etc.

It will only disappear when all sound in FS9 is cut off with the use of the Q key.

Cannot find anything in FSUIPC or any FS9 menus and submenus which will eliminate this clicking sound.

Would appreciate any assistance on this.

Many thanks.

jgf
05-27-2012, 04:16 PM
Is this with any aircraft? Sitting on the runway, shut down the engine(s) and operate the throttle ...still clicking? "Cold and dark" aircraft, still clicking? If you disable the throttle axis via FSUIPC and use the keyboard for throttle are all sounds normal?

If your controller has proprietary software, try uninstalling that and let FS9 access the controller directly.

Controller issues can often be cleared by removing all traces of it and starting over:

- in the sim, disable the controller and exit
- unplug the controller
- uninstall any controller related software
- restart windows
- in the sim, check all control functions via keyboard, exit
- restart windows
- plug in controller, do not install software, see if it's recognized properly in the sim
- only install software if necessary (FFB mainly); windows and the sim can handle calibration and assignment quite well, duplicating these functions is often a cause of problems

(thanks to Sierra Online for this procedure, it's worked well for me for years)

ronzie
05-27-2012, 04:32 PM
On some large aircraft if you are running on autopilot they have trim wheels used for AP pitch. If you change the aircraft power then those will activate and they do click as the AP adjusts pitch trim to maintain altitude.

I doubt that is what you are hearing but I thought I'd note it. You can bring up the throttle quad view to see if that is what is happening or if your throttle control is moving something else that might click due to an incorrect control mapping.

I can't recall the post but someone had a similar problem and it turned out to be a graphics card or FS video setting regarding refresh rate as I recall. It also may have been a locked FPS set to high in FS. Since you are on a new PC there is an outside chance that may be involved.

Just a few thoughts.