PDA

View Full Version : FSX Cloud Popping

Frostb1teGaming
05-20-2012, 07:34 AM
Hi guys,

I know this cloud popping issue has been adressed many times, and there's also a fix for it, I know that. I've been using the fix for a long time, and it has always worked, but now suddenly it doesn't work anymore. So I decided to do a clean install, with no add-ons at all but with the fix applied, and I still have the cloud popping going on. I really have no clue what this could be, because it has always worked before.

So I've tried with add-ons, without, tweaked and non tweaked fsx.cfg, different ingame options, but nothing fixes it. I hope someone can help me on this.

Thanks in advance!

Greetings.

ScatterbrainKid
05-20-2012, 11:55 AM
What does "popping" mean?

Frostb1teGaming
05-20-2012, 11:59 AM
What does "popping" mean?

Clouds that suddenly appear, or disappear.

JSkorna
05-20-2012, 01:38 PM
It's the weather system in FSX that causes this.

Frostb1teGaming
05-20-2012, 02:28 PM
It's the weather system in FSX that causes this.

That's pretty obvious :p, but it shouldn't behave like this with a clean install, and with the fixes applied to prevent the weather engine from doing these things.

JSkorna
05-20-2012, 07:19 PM
What fixes to the weather engine did you apply?

Adam24
05-20-2012, 07:56 PM
Does FS2004 haves this problem? Ive never seen it, but its good to know

JSkorna
05-20-2012, 08:32 PM
No, not as much because of the different weather engines.

Frostb1teGaming
05-21-2012, 06:43 AM
What fixes to the weather engine did you apply?

I did the fix in the swarmcloud.fx, change the bool newmaterialuge value to false, with the semicon at the end. And the second part is to clear out the shader folder, first I only cleard the misc folder, that didn't work, so than I cleared the whole folder, and that didn't work aswell.

But the odd thing about this situation is, that it has always worked with this same fix, there must be something wrong somewhere, but I can't figure out what it is yet. :confused:

Adam24
05-21-2012, 10:08 AM
Do you have REX?

Frostb1teGaming
05-21-2012, 10:29 AM
Do you have REX?

No, I'm on a completely default install right now.

udidwht
03-22-2013, 02:42 AM
Do you have REX?

I do have REX Essentials Plus and have this issue even after applying the (swarmcloud) tweak. What's the deal/fix?

napamule2
03-23-2013, 04:35 PM
I believe these clouds are the infamous 'imposter clouds'? More like an outline of a cloud? Well 'What Would Opa Do' comes to mind. (He emailed me, is what he did). I solved this problem for Opa way back when. But since I didn't write a 'Tip & Tricks' pdf for you to refer to, I keep going into forums and giving the 'TIP' as needed.

It's really simple. But you have to do it every time you notice them. It's not a permanent fix. Go to 'World/Weather/User Defined/Customize' and simply click back out with click of 'OK' three times. Done. Works for FS9 also.
Chuck B
Napamule