TylerBloom
07-26-2002, 03:55 AM
Is it worth it? Your comments please.
http://www.flightsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d41002f6951a532.gif
http://www.flightsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d40ffe76922d8a1.jpg
www.flysunline.com

TheCrazedLog
07-26-2002, 04:21 AM
Personally id say no. BUT I havent really played with it in ages, so my opinion there doesnt really count. Id buy this little baby:
www.fsflightmax.com

It combines working (yes you read right. Working) weather radar (yes for fs2002, no im not lying :) ), a moving map, with a host of options (IMHO, better than FSNav), ground proximity, TCAS (can be made to work with SB), Stormscope (i call it a lightometer), FS flight plan compatible.

It seriously rocks. You will love it. Get the demo. The demo will last 20 mins before not responding to your commands. (sounds bad but isnt).

Also, the designer is a great guy. He responds to emails very quickly, and very helpfully.

It is a replica of the Avidene FlightMax instrument.

Once again, :)

www.fsflightmax.com

rservice
07-26-2002, 07:15 AM
Flightmax looks interesting, I have'nt tried it yet, I'm not sure how it integrates with fs2002, it is probably more realistic than fsnav but may be more complex to use than fs nav. Also with fsnav, you can export flight plans to fs2002. I would personally try both these packages in trial version and make a decision after deciding which one you are most comfortable with.
You may also have to consider frame rates if you have an older computer systems.There is nothing wrong with a try before you buy philosophy.

Jonas_B
07-26-2002, 07:26 AM
IMHO it's worth to give it a try. The free demoversion works for 20 sim sessions so you can make enough experiences on your own.
I think the best things of NSNavigator is the map, which is much better than the default FS2002 map and besides this it provides many good tools like autopilots (in different ways, for example the autopilot can only sets the nav frequencies...)or the flight planner.

I've heard there is a crack for FSNavigator, but that's not the way we give credit to the author, eh?

If you can't affort to buy it, reinstall your machine and you'll get another free 20 sessions...

Jonas

asace
07-26-2002, 07:42 AM
Yes, it's worth it. It's one of the best add-ons for FS. After you start flying with it, you can't fly without it anymore. IT ROCKS.

Cheers

Wolfko
07-26-2002, 09:14 AM
LAST EDITED ON Jul-26-02 AT 09:15AM (EDT)[p]It is worth the purchase absolutely!
And if it is just for the database with hundreds (or thousands?) SIDs and STARs you have axess to. This database is regularely updated, and you can even create your own SIDs and STARs, which you also can upload.

Moving map, flight planner, auto pilot, fmc - just to metnion a few more features.

Regards,

Wolfgang

Im neither affiliated nor related to the makers of FSNav and alos not on their pay roll! :-)

asace
07-26-2002, 09:29 AM
>Im neither affiliated nor related to the makers of FSNav and alos not on their pay roll!

:-lol :-lol :-lol

Me neither.

jyotig
07-26-2002, 09:39 AM
I would say that FS Navigator is worth the money. I'm sure that there are more sophisticated items out there (as mentioned in one the previous posts), but this has most of the features that I find useful.

Mark Gibson

evh347
07-26-2002, 10:07 AM
TylerBloom,
I have not used FSFlightMax since they've added the weather radar feature. I'd be curious to check that out as long as it was compatible with FSMeteo.

I have been using FSNavigator since before version 3.0 and I'm a registered user of the current 4.51 version.
I love it and I would rather not be without it. Afterall, they don't give one of these...
http://www.flightsim.com/files/devaward.gif
...to just any piece of software.

http://www.flightsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d1d2cac3e9bd6c6.jpg

TylerBloom
07-26-2002, 07:54 PM
Well my question is, lets say your flying online with VATSIM, you cant just throw on the switch Fly FP and disobey the controllers requests. What do you do in that situation?
http://www.flightsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d41002f6951a532.gif
http://www.flightsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d40ffe76922d8a1.jpg
www.flysunline.com

Hole
07-26-2002, 08:15 PM
LAST EDITED ON Jul-26-02 AT 08:17PM (EDT)[p]I got the demo today and im more than a little confused about this Nifty looking Add-on.. It sure looks nice and intergrates fairly well but it doesnt seam to be fully intergrated IMO. for example i make a flightplan in FS2002 does this show up in FSNAV? no..ok so i make a flightplan in FSNav does this show up on the GPS in FS2002? No.... am i doing this wrong? i will admit im a newbie..

Also if im flying using a FSNAV plan it totally takes control away from the pilot , for example if i want to manually increase my Altitude hold it wont let me or if i wish to change my IAS again it wont let me.. what ever u change it too it resets.. not very good IF ATC asks you to change heading/alt etc...

I do like the look of it and if im simply doing this wrong then please tell me..id liek to keep this but right now its just a map to me...as i prefer to make and fly a flightplan in FS2002..

shwncplnd
07-26-2002, 08:38 PM
LAST EDITED ON Jul-26-02 AT 08:40PM (EDT)[p]I'm replying to the post above me

You can create a flight plan in FSNav, and then export it to FS2002 format. If you're flying an IFR plan, you'll have to export the FSNav flight plan first, and then pull up the flight plan from within FS. If you're using VATSIM, you probably wouldn't want to set FSNav to fly the flight plan IMO. You can set what you want FSNav to control (ie speed, alt, etc.) through the options. I can't really remember how to get there, but it's somewhere in the settings. If you're flying VFR, you could do it the same way, or you could just use FSNav. Once I got FSNav, I hardly ever went to the GPS. I still use the GPS to find out what my GS is, but for all other reasons, I use FSNav. I don't have FSNav to control anything for my flights. If you're going for 'As real as it gets', you'd probably want to eliminate FSNav from controlling your plane.

Shawn