PDA

View Full Version : how can i start my aircraft with the engine off please help

dona22
11-01-2011, 06:25 AM
i like a2asimulation aircrafts
but the proplem is everytime im going to fly with any fsx aircraft
the flight start with the engine running and the engine is warm like it was running from a long time
and that proplem with all fsx aircraft
how can i fix that proplem

i want to start flight with the engine cold and off
i want too feel the strategy in the a2asimulation aircrafts
like engine unable to strat due to low battery voltage :rolleyes:
but when i strat the flight with the engine run and warm i cant feel that strategy

please is there any think i can do
that i can start any aircraft with engine off

i read that i need to save flight as default
can you explain that to me
and after i will save it as default
what to do next time i fly
and do i need to do that everytime i want to fly and
with every single aircraft

Paul Golding
11-01-2011, 08:38 AM
Start FSX at an airport of your choice with one of the default aircraft, like the Cessna. Once it's all loaded up, switch eveything off and then save this flight and while you're doing that, remember to tick the box that says something like "make this the default flight" and name it something obvious like, "Cessna cold and dark"

Exit FSX and then start it again and select your newly saved flight.

Firekitten
11-01-2011, 10:01 AM
Unfortunately, getting default aircraft to behave like a2a won't happen. But you can do as said above, and be required to manually start. Simple enough. The low battery problem can be a pig, as FS doesn't really... replicate it well, you can sometimes run down the battery if you aren't diligent in shut down, and when you try to restart... nada, sometimes even swapping aircraft to another doesn't 'refresh' the dead battery, and without a modeled gpu, you're up a creek. One to be careful of.

tvieno
11-01-2011, 11:47 AM
This doesn't apply to the OP, but if your battery does run down. You don't have to necessarily have to load up a plane with an APU to fix it. I don't know about FS9, but in FSX you can 'reload' an airplane with a key stroke (or button press). In the Options>Settings>Controls screen, Scroll down to Aircraft (reload) and assign a key stroke/button. I would recommend something that not near common keystrokes. I use Ctrl+F12. When you press it, it reloads the plane back to default settings per the aircraft.cfg & panel.cfg. This is helpful if you like to tweak the config files and see the changes you have made.

PPSFA
11-01-2011, 12:54 PM
Start FSX at an airport of your choice with one of the default aircraft, like the Cessna. Once it's all loaded up, switch eveything off and then save this flight and while you're doing that, remember to tick the box that says something like "make this the default flight" and name it something obvious like, "Cessna cold and dark"

Exit FSX and then start it again and select your newly saved flight.

Just to add.... you dont need to 'select' that flight if you have it set as default, as FSX will automatically load it and start. Then all you need to do is select the plane, flight plan etc you want to use and your selected plane will load with the settings from the default you have saved.