PDA

View Full Version : Vapor trail effect

westway
08-31-2011, 03:34 PM
I accidently deleted the vapor trail effect for the wing tips, now all I get is a "black" line. Does anyone have this or can you tell me where to get it? Thank you.

f16jockey_2
08-31-2011, 04:12 PM
Does anyone have this or can you tell me where to get it?

Everyone of us has it. But it's not allowed to distribute stock FSX files. Starts with an fx-file, ends with who knows ???
I suggest to insert yr DVD and do an FSX repair.

And if you have spare room : make a reserve copy of yr complete FSX folder.

Wim

llivaudais
08-31-2011, 04:46 PM
interesting result...

I have INTENTIONALLY blocked wingtip vapors (two different file sets) so that I don't see such vapors coming off my Cessnas, Pipers, and from between the wings of bi-planes. I do NOT get black lines as a result. I wonder why you see black lines?

Loyd

mallcott
08-31-2011, 05:30 PM
Probably due to deleting the effect file itself, and not amending the .cfg

mpos2
08-31-2011, 06:37 PM
I am experiencing black Dirtspray, Surf, Landing smoke and Vapour trails and have just over-written the Effects folder with fresh Effects, but the black effects are still there.

fxsttcb
08-31-2011, 07:31 PM
Effects use textures. Are the correct textures in the Effects/Textures folder? You can open an effect in notepad to find the texture it uses.
It's odd that all of your effects seem to be corrupt, though.
There have been numerous cases of funky effects discussed here. Do a search for "Black Squares", "Black Exhaust" etc. Maybe you'll find the solution...Don

westway
09-01-2011, 09:30 AM
I have run the "repair" FSX DVD's and that corrected and replaced the missing files. Thanks to everyone for your data, I appreciate it.