PDA

View Full Version : Back to FS9

Honus
06-26-2011, 12:19 PM
Well, I've given it a good try but for whatever reason, I just can't get FSX to stabilize on my system. I've had not one, but TWO computer experts check out this system and they find nothing wrong, nor a reason why this program alone freezes up the entire system. It runs ok for a little while then everything does a total lock up. The weird thing is that nothing abnormal shows up in the 'even viewer' either under applications or system issues. I never had any problem with FS9 and though it lacks some of the flashy features of FSX, I could at least depend on it. A lot of things are readily compatible with FS9, that either aren't or need to be converted to FSX. I guess there are others out there with the same issue. I'm not going to be hostage to a computer game so we'll rewind and get some peace of mind.

PPSFA
06-26-2011, 12:38 PM
If you want to spend a few more bucks to get FSX running perfectly, contact these folks.... www.fs-gs.com

You dont pay a dime unless they can get your FSX running top notch for your system. I have used them for 6 years for both FS versions and never had a single problem.

Honus
06-26-2011, 01:10 PM
that's interesting. Only thing with that is you need a microphone and a headset for them to work the problem. I don't have either of those. Not sure why i would need them with a computer. Dell was able to look at this with 'remote PC' while I was on a cell phone. So there were actually 3 companies looked at this. May I ask how much they charge per hour ?

PPSFA
06-26-2011, 01:17 PM
that's interesting. Only thing with that is you need a microphone and a headset for them to work the problem. I don't have either of those. Not sure why i would need them with a computer. Dell was able to look at this with 'remote PC' while I was on a cell phone. So there were actually 3 companies looked at this. May I ask how much they charge per hour ?

They use the 'voice' feature of Windows Live Messenger to make things easier, all you need is a cheap mic. I am sure they could do it over the phone, but it would get expensive. They access your computer as well, it's about a 2 day. 6-8 hour process. It's not based on an hourly rate, it's a flat rate for the entire service, you would need to contact them to see what the change is now. Whatever it is now, its worth it if you want to fly and not constantly be 'tweaking' your computer for FS. And once you do the service, all future contact and assistance is free, unless you do a complete reinstall or get a new computer.

IvanOhio
06-26-2011, 01:23 PM
Well, I've given it a good try but for whatever reason, I just can't get FSX to stabilize on my system. I've had not one, but TWO computer experts check out this system and they find nothing wrong, nor a reason why this program alone freezes up the entire system. It runs ok for a little while then everything does a total lock up. The weird thing is that nothing abnormal shows up in the 'even viewer' either under applications or system issues. I never had any problem with FS9 and though it lacks some of the flashy features of FSX, I could at least depend on it. A lot of things are readily compatible with FS9, that either aren't or need to be converted to FSX. I guess there are others out there with the same issue. I'm not going to be hostage to a computer game so we'll rewind and get some peace of mind.

May I ask what type of issues are you having with FSX. Seems I come across these posts quite often and curious what exactly is the issue.

ramsa329
06-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Honus,

The purpose of the headset is so that the client can follow and respond to each step. Of course it is possible to use remote assistance tools to connect to the clients machine and use a phone for voice but the cost is prohibitive in many cases and in all cases unnecessary when VOIP (Voice Over Internet Protocol) is available free of cost.

Most of our clients already have headsets since they use Virtual Airlines or multi-player. Since we would be testing multi-player capability as a natural part of our service for FSX the "need" would be obvious.

As to your machine the first "problem" would be that it is a Dell and thus has a proprietary BIOS which does not allow for anything other than very very basic adjustments. Far less than any non-proprietary machine.

So if the issue resides in the settings of the MoBo, which it may or may not, such limited access would make it very difficult to pinpoint and in some cases virtually impossible.

Of course you cannot rule out other factors also, memory, cpu, HDD, video card, etc etc etc. But again without access to advanced settings in the BIOS it would be an exercise in total frustration.

Not all machines and computer environments are capable of running FSX and it is not fair to say that "there were no problems with Fs9" and have the expectation that this would apply to FSX.

The resemblance ends at anything other than the fact that both are flight simulators.The statement regarding "flashy" features is irrelevant. it is the advancements in programming and in simulator capabilities which is are the real reasons to fly FSX.

It is also very beautiful LOL

Michael Greenblatt
ramsa329@msn.com

www.fs-gs.com
www.simaddx.com