PDA

View Full Version : Gpws

g8rfan
01-16-2011, 01:03 PM
I was wondering if anybody had a recommendation for software that will give me my call out when i am landing and will it work with all my aircraft? I am new to this and heard it on a video of an aircraft landing and it was a cool addon. Thanks Rich

fxsttcb
01-16-2011, 02:06 PM
There isn't anything that I'm aware of that you install and it works for all your planes without altering each plane's panel.cfg.
There are a couple that install to each plane that you want to have it in and once the sound folder and sound gauge are installed to the sim(the first plane's installation), the control gauges can then be installed to any plane to access the sounds.

Search the library for "callv1.zip" FSX Altitude Callout Gauge v1.0. A gauge set that gives you the radio height callouts starting from 2500 feet. Includes sounds. Callout_Sound.dll by Doug Dawson. Gauge set by Stefan Liebe.

Rob Barendregt's GPWS gauge and sound package, "rcbgp-33.zip", is for FS9, but, if you use a copy of the new FSX version "Callout_Sound.dll"(renamed to GPWS_sound) included in the above to replace "GPWS_sound.gau" it should work also...Don

rotem5707
01-16-2011, 02:21 PM
also i know thing that called project megenta google it you should find it here is how to install:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzbuaeR6S4c&feature=related

g8rfan
01-17-2011, 06:52 PM
Don, Thanks for the headsup I am not that good working on files on the computer. Will that file have a readme file with instructions on how to install? I will look for it and down load it and see what I can do with it. Again thankyou very much for the info. Rich

g8rfan
01-17-2011, 07:23 PM
thanks for the reply rotem

philtheflyer1
01-18-2011, 07:48 AM
Hi guys. I have downloaded the following "Rob Barendregt's GPWS gauge and sound package, "rcbgp-33.zip", is for FS9" as mentioned
and am having trouble on installing it into my FS9, can anyone help in were i need to send the files in order to have gauge ???

rotem5707
01-18-2011, 10:04 AM
Hi guys. I have downloaded the following "Rob Barendregt's GPWS gauge and sound package, "rcbgp-33.zip", is for FS9" as mentioned
and am having trouble on installing it into my FS9, can anyone help in were i need to send the files in order to have gauge ???

have you tried the pm sounds? and it didnt work?

tvieno
01-18-2011, 10:08 AM
For whatever reason, I cannot download the file to see what's in there, but from my experience, you have to put the sound files in the \Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Sound folder and gauges (*.gau files) in the \Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Gauges folder.

Now how you put in them into the panel is another story.

fxsttcb
01-18-2011, 11:59 AM
I answered another sound question that might help. http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?225374-Maybe-an-idea&p=1546972#post1546972

If you have further questions, please post them there for evryones benefit...Don

g8rfan
01-18-2011, 09:33 PM
I installed PMsounds last night and it worked out great. It was what I was looking for. Thanks again for the headsup rotem on the site and thanks Don for your input also. This is a great site!!!!!! Rich

rotem5707
01-19-2011, 06:43 AM
great, glad you got it.
enjoy!

g8rfan
01-23-2011, 05:45 PM
rotem,
I have an issue that just started. I setup a IFR flight in flight planner and when it loads it won't allow me to open the ATC window. I tried to hit the alt key to bring the top menu up but that is not working either. I am lost does anybody have any idea what I might have hit or changed by accident. I did change the traffic to a custom setting right before this problem occured. I changed it back but no help. Thanks for your help.

rotem5707
01-24-2011, 03:12 PM
hi g8rfan,
make sure that you didnt raised the settings on the aircraft to all custom, make sure that you checked the open atc window lunch in the front page of the freeflight, if it doesnt work, tell me i will try to help you another time(: