PDA

View Full Version : scenery pops up in middle of flight

cynthiaT
01-07-2011, 11:53 AM
While flying using fsx, some parts of the scenery tend to just pop up out of no where. For example, as you fly towards New York City, there would be some skyscrapers that pop up into the screen, as if it is just loading into the frame.
I have tried maximizing the setting options to the best quality, and have installed an extremely well graphics card, so there should not be any issues based on the pc itself.
Can someone please help me with this issue? It is losing my focus as I am flying. Thank you.

ReggieF5421
01-07-2011, 12:00 PM
No computer currently available could display all scenery objects at the limit of the horizon shown in FS.

Microsoft generally does not attempt to display a scenery object such as a skyscraper unless your eye viewpoint is within 10 miles. Even then it will only display a small percentage of the objects (buildings) in the area. More will be displayed the closer you get to them.

While it is definitely distracting, there really isn't much we can do about it with the current, or next few, generations of computer hardware.

When we have computer hardware capable of rendering and texturing tens of millions of polygons with acceptable frame rates, we will need a completely redesigned program which does not hold down the number of objects displayed farther out from the user eye point.