PDA

View Full Version : Need advice!

Gerbrandd
11-20-2010, 10:48 AM
Just want to ask: does somebody have installed already Toni Agramont's scenery
for the canary islands?

When yes, do you have also problems with the fuerteventura airport?
My gates are too far from the tarmac, te fixed 'plateau' isn't fixed...

Maybe some advice?

Thanks

bgets
11-20-2010, 11:21 AM
What are your system specs?
Bob G.

f16jockey_2
11-20-2010, 11:21 AM
Scenery is made for FS9, not for FSX.

Wim

Gerbrandd
11-20-2010, 11:27 AM
Using windows 7 Intel Core i5 760 at 2.80Ghz (quad core), 4GB RAM,Nvidia Gforce 450GTS, SP1/2 installed, (also payware quality addons works fine)

And f16 the scenery in the library is in the "FSX-Scenery" folder, so normally it's for fsx?

Thanks

f16jockey_2
11-20-2010, 11:57 AM
And f16 the scenery in the library is in the "FSX-Scenery" folder, so normally it's for fsx?

Can be, since you gave no link to the download, I based my opinion on the pic (the trees for example).

Wim

cianpars
11-20-2010, 02:38 PM
Can't speak for Toni Agremonts canaries Scenery, but if you want superb freeware photoreal scenery for the Canaries, this is terrific:

http://www.vuelosaventura.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=68&Itemid=65

IAN

Gerbrandd
11-21-2010, 05:37 AM
Thanks IAN

this scenery is really good!

Gerbrand

Gerbrandd
11-21-2010, 07:48 AM
Sure this file is safe (no malware...)?

Thanks
gerbrand

cianpars
11-21-2010, 07:50 AM
I've had no problems with it Gebrand and I've downloaded the file for every Island.

IAN

Gerbrandd
11-21-2010, 08:09 AM
I'll give it a try!

Thanks

f16jockey_2
11-21-2010, 08:26 AM
Sure this file is safe (no malware...)?

2nd time you post this kind of Q.

Mostly links provided by members are reliable, me personally would be a bit offended when asked if a provided link is trustworthy.

But in all cases only trust yr virusscanner and firewall when goin' on the web.
You DO run them, I may hope ? In that case I don't understand you being that reluctant.

Wim

Gerbrandd
11-21-2010, 08:33 AM
Yes, I run them all the time.
But some malware had infected my pc, one year ago
even when my virusscanner was on. I lost all my addons, documents, ...
So I'm just a little bit anxious.

Gerbrand

Toriu
11-21-2010, 01:19 PM
I have just downloaded the Gran Canaria FSX, and would like to know how to install into FSX. I see there are the eight files bellow. Any help will be appreciated.

1. ~$stalación Gran Canaria FSX.doc
2. cvx_GCLB.BGL
3. cvx_GCLP.BGL
4. cvxGRAN CANARIA.BGL
5. GCLB_ADE_ASS.BGL
6. GCLP_ADE_ASS.BGL
7. Gran_Canaria_orto.bgl
8. Instalación Gran Canaria FSX.doc

fxsttcb
11-21-2010, 02:03 PM
I have just downloaded the Gran Canaria FSX, and would like to know how to install into FSX. I see there are the eight files bellow. Any help will be appreciated
Usually a scenery or other add-on will have installation instructions(Instalación Gran Canaria FSX.doc) that give precise information. Google Translate!

To install your scenery from scratch:
Create a folder named Gran Canaria(or whatever)
inside that, create a folder named Scenery and put all of the .bgls in that.
If there are textures included, create a Texture folder inside Gran Canaria and put all of the textures in it.

You can place the Gran Canaria folder anywhere convenient.
In FSX I have folders for "Free Scenery", "Pay Scenery", and "My Scenery" to compliment the default Add-On Scenery folder.

There is a bug in FSX and the only way to properly install scenery is like this:
Start FSX, from the menu, World/Scenery Library click "Add Area"
Navigate to the Gran Canaria folder, highlight it, click OK
IMPORTANT!! Right click in the white area, it should jump back to the Settings-Scenery Library window and be listed at the top.
It is installed and ready for use.
If it doesn't work try again!...Don

cianpars
11-21-2010, 04:00 PM
If I remember correctly, for most of the islands, theinstall was straightforward. I gogle translated the readme files and theywere pretty clear.

However, for one or two of the islands, I recall having to also add a file into the one of the sub files of the main scenery folder. However, the readme did make it qite clear where everything went.

IAN

Toriu
11-21-2010, 08:32 PM
Thank's guys, my problem was not being able to open the "Instalación Gran Canaria FSX.doc". When it did open with notepad, it was all in comp code. Anyway it's installed now, and looks fabulous. Yes Ian, you have to add "MDT10-CANARIAS.bgl", I think it's the mesh. Off to download the other islands.

mickflan121
11-30-2011, 04:59 AM
Hi Guys,
I am looking for the MDT10-CANARAIS.bgl file downloaded the canaries but its all over the place when you in gameplay in sure the mesh file is the problem. Megaluad just keeps says file link broken so i presume its been removed could any share this file with me. thanks
Mick

mickflan121
11-30-2011, 05:22 AM
This is what i get on the runway.