PDA

View Full Version : FS9 Hiding

wbunnell
10-06-2010, 11:08 AM
Working on KNIP Jacksonville NAS, Trying to load KNIP into FSX, ADE keeps loading older before any modifications version.

Removed all files from Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\ Scenery folder, Folder is now empty. When I try to load KNIP into ADE, it keeps loading older version.

When I try to load with Afcad2, I keep getting two KNIP, one Mod, the other Stock, even with the scenery folder empty. When I try to save the file with Afcad2, with, save as, the scenery file list six Airports. Back tracking the path, it goes back to the scenery folder in FS9 addon scenery.

I checked all folders in the Addon Scenery folder, found three in another Afcad files.

Somewhere, there is another FS9. Ideas????

alastairmonk
10-06-2010, 11:27 AM
Hi,

I presume you are trying to load KNIP into FS2004 rather than FSX, as stated ?

When I get home I'll check on my own system.

Cheers,

Alastair

wbunnell
10-06-2010, 11:50 AM
I'm trying to Afcad KNIP into ADE for AFX. My question is, with all files removed from the Addon Scenery/Scenery Folder, Where is the KNIP file, that keeps loading?

StringBean
10-06-2010, 12:36 PM
ADE has several options to load airports.

Are you "loading stock airport", "open airport from bgl", "open airport" (which actually opens a previously saved ad2 file)?

If you use Afcad 2.21 and you see "mod" listings they may be stub afcads for elevation change and/or taxi signs created by another program.

If you open the file in Afcad2.21 and check file>properties it will tell you what file it is reading and where it is located.

peace,
the Bean

"I'm trying to Afcad KNIP into ADE for AFX." I've read that 3 rimes and I still don't understand it.

wbunnell
10-06-2010, 12:57 PM
ADE has several options to load airports.

Are you "loading stock airport", "open airport from bgl", "open airport" (which actually opens a previously saved ad2 file)?

If you use Afcad 2.21 and you see "mod" listings they may be stub afcads for elevation change and/or taxi signs created by another program.

If you open the file in Afcad2.21 and check file>properties it will tell you what file it is reading and where it is located.

peace,
the Bean

"I'm trying to Afcad KNIP into ADE for AFX." I've read that 3 rimes and I still don't understand it.

The Location in the Afcad file shows, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\scenery\AF2_KNIP_Jacksonville_NAS.bgl" Going to that folder, Its empty, no airports files at all.
When loading a FS9 Afcad you have to use "Open Airport from bgl"

StringBean
10-06-2010, 01:22 PM
Sounds like the file is cached somewhere.

Have you re-started FS9 since you cleaned out ...\Addon scenery\scenery?

Maybe you will have to re-boot the PC.

peace,
the Bean

wbunnell
10-06-2010, 02:00 PM
Sounds like the file is cached somewhere.

Have you re-started FS9 since you cleaned out ...\Addon scenery\scenery?

Maybe you will have to re-boot the PC.

peace,
the Bean

Just got through rebooting, Problem seems to be solved. All the editing I have done is lost now can't find the edited file, another day with the FS.

StringBean
10-06-2010, 02:46 PM
If your using ADE open a default airport, any airport will do, make a simple change and file>save. The dialog box will open with your last saved in folder.

peace,
the Bean