PDA

View Full Version : Bendix King ADF Radio Help Please

familton
09-28-2010, 01:48 AM
I have a panel I am working on and I can't get any action of the on/off button or any other functions other than being able to tune the ADF frequency. I was closely approaching a NDB station and got no indication on my ADF indicator at all. I have ADF.1=1 in the radio section of the aircraft.cfg. All the other radios work OK. How can I get the ADF receiver on and be able to fly to a NDB location? Thanks,Bob.

Daveo
09-28-2010, 02:41 AM
You should get FSPanel studio if you haven't already if your modding panels. Probably one of the best addon programs I've bought. There are actually a few different versions of the Bendix radios scattered throughout different AC. Some have more functioning buttons then others. Did you add the audio controller in also or just the ADF reciever?

familton
09-28-2010, 02:49 AM
Hi Daveo. Thanks for the reply. I have FSPS and have been using it for years. When I replaced it with the Kingair ADF it works fine. I still don't know why the Bendix King ADF did not work. Yes I did add the audio panel. I put it on all my reworked panels. Best regards, Bob.

jeroen79
09-28-2010, 03:51 AM
Can you hear the beacon morse identifier?
Do the radio and ADF indicator work in a different plane?
Are they the default ones from FSX or addons?
If not, do the default ones work in your panel?

napamule2
09-28-2010, 06:00 AM
There is a 'Bendix_King_RADIO.dll' and a 'KingAir_Radio.dll' but there is no 'BendiX_King.adf.gau' or 'Bendix_King.adf' in default FSX gauges. Maybe this helps?
Chuck B
Napamule

familton
09-28-2010, 01:21 PM
Can you hear the beacon morse identifier?
Do the radio and ADF indicator work in a different plane?
Are they the default ones from FSX or addons?
If not, do the default ones work in your panel?

Hi. Thanks for the reply. No the ID does not work. It's the Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio ADF gauge. The Kingair ADF works OK. I have not checked it in another plane. I rarely ever use the ADF so I don't remember if the ADF ever worked in another plane. I'll check it today. Regards, Bob.

familton
09-28-2010, 01:23 PM
There is a 'Bendix_King_RADIO.dll' and a 'KingAir_Radio.dll' but there is no 'BendiX_King.adf.gau' or 'Bendix_King.adf' in default FSX gauges. Maybe this helps?
Chuck B
Napamule

HI. Thanks. It's the Bendix_King_Radio!Bendix-King Radio ADF gauge. It tunes OK but no ID and it does not work. Regards, Bob.

bkeske
09-28-2010, 01:54 PM
I would highly recommend the Friendly Panel 'gauge pack' for these retrofits. They are inexpensive, and beat the heck out of the default gauges in operation. They also have a 'Nav pack' set for the default aircrfat with 3D knobs (which I also have) But....

That said, it is a bit quizzical why a default gauge is not working properly.

BTW, in my 350 panel folder, the ADF radio is labeled:

KingAir_Radio!Adf

familton
09-28-2010, 02:00 PM
I would highly recommend the Friendly Panel 'gauge pack' for these retrofits. They are inexpensive, and beat the heck out of the default gauges in operation. But....

That said, it is a bit quizzical why a default gauge is not working properly.

BTW, in my 350 panel folder, the ADF radio is labeled:

KingAir_Radio!Adf

Hi. You are right and that Kingair gauge works OK when I inserted into the panel to replace the Bendix one. As soon as I get time I'll check another plane out with the Bendix ADF gauge. Regards, Bob.

bkeske
09-28-2010, 02:07 PM
Ahhh....I just noticed, you are attempting to use the ADF radio from the 172, which is the string you referenced above.

Again, I've never used the default radios as they are way too elementary compared to the Friendly Panel counterparts.

EDIT:

Just out of curiosity, I swapped the ADF radio in my Carenado 182Q with the default ADF radio. You are correct that the on/off knob, nor the other knobs work. I believe that is because these are dependent on the default gauges being 3D modeled, so all you get is an inoperative 2D bmp, instead of a complete working gauge. However, I did dial in the nearest ADF frequency, and the ADF gauge did work, including the ADF audio for that frequency, even though I could not 'turn it on'. Just a pain in the rear, as again, the tuning knob may have been designed for the 3D gauge, thus you cannot utilize the complete click spots which I assume are coded back to the 3D model......whelp, another EDIT: I just checked the default 172, and the ADF does not utilize the on/off, or swap buttons in either the 2D or VC 3D panel. So, it is working as designed, albeit very 'poorly'.

I would suggest the Friendly Panel alternative (again), or find a third party freeware radio set that works more completely.

familton
09-28-2010, 02:35 PM
Hi bkeske. Thanks. That explains why it did not work in my 2d panel. I am getting the Friendly Panels ones. Regards, Bob.

bkeske
09-28-2010, 02:43 PM
I am getting the Friendly Panels ones. Regards, Bob.

You will not regret that purchase, believe me.