PDA

View Full Version : How to Scroll Spot View and Breaking / Stopping

ou81aswell
08-20-2010, 10:30 AM
How do I scroll the spot view so that I am above or below the plane?

After landing and coming to a full stop, unless I apply the parking break, my plane wants to accelerate as if the auto pilot speed hold is engaged. AP is off and the thrust is set to 0. What am I doing wrong?

I'm flying the Lear.

Thanks.

f16jockey_2
08-20-2010, 10:44 AM
How do I scroll the spot view so that I am above or below the plane?
Hat-switch on the joystick.

After landing and coming to a full stop, unless I apply the parking break, my plane wants to accelerate as if the auto pilot speed hold is engaged. AP is off and the thrust is set to 0. What am I doing wrong?
Auto-throttle is still engaded. Turn it off when over the threshold.

Wim

Flying Officer Jevans
08-20-2010, 10:47 AM
Or you can use the spacebar to move the camera - hold it down and move the mouse around, if you don't have a joystick.

ou81aswell
08-20-2010, 11:12 AM
Thanks! I'm not using a joystick.

The spacebar + mouse option worked once I realized that I can move the mouse outside of the spot window.

Where is the auto-throttle switch on a Lear? All I see is SPD.

ScatterbrainKid
08-20-2010, 11:18 AM
..I'm not using a joystick..

GET ONE..:)
It needn't be anything fancy, but make sure it has a twist grip for the rudder..

opaplano
08-20-2010, 01:20 PM
Thanks! I'm not using a joystick.

The spacebar + mouse option worked once I realized that I can move the mouse outside of the spot window.

Where is the auto-throttle switch on a Lear? All I see is SPD.

Possibly this section - taken from the FSX Learning Center in the game - may be helpful:

ou81aswell
08-20-2010, 02:28 PM
I will check out Shift-R. Thanks.

scott967
08-20-2010, 06:54 PM
The default panels aren't well-documented in Learning Center. Aside from the key commands, which are documented, to find mouse click spots on the panel best way is to turn on cockpit tooltips and then mouse around and see what pops up.

scott s.

napamule2
08-20-2010, 10:43 PM
And when you turn tool tips on, expect to see your screen flash white for 2 or 3 seconds everytime you switch views, or click something with mouse, or pan, or sneeze. Just in case you wonder what is causing all those flashes.
CB
Napamule

simonevans
08-21-2010, 05:32 AM
You also have full control over views from the numpad keyboard.

Again, this is detailed in the Learning Center.

markdsmith
08-21-2010, 05:55 AM
As far as I know the default lear doesn't have a seperate switch to engage the AT, you just click on the spd button on the panel and it's active. I think it works even when the AP master switch is off. So even if the OP switches the AP master off on approach, the autothrottle is still active. Also, the 2D and 3D panels autothrottle buttons don't always match. Anyone else notice this? You can assume it's off based on the VC, but the switch is still lit up on the 2D panel. In short, this plane has bugs, but so long as you're aware of them it is still an enjoyable one to fly.

ou81aswell
08-21-2010, 06:05 AM
Excellent. That's what I was starting to suspect. And it's good to know that the auththrottle system is independent of the autopilot.