PDA

View Full Version : AI Runway change

angelo1122
07-29-2010, 09:29 PM
Hi guys
Is there a way to choose the runway that an AI plane will takeoff of land?
I am using AI Flight Planner.

ReggieF5421
07-29-2010, 10:41 PM
No, Maybe, Yes - which airport and are you willing to set the winds or do you want to use real world weather?

angelo1122
07-30-2010, 06:22 AM
Well, I am still working on my project of LGAT and my heavy traffic in which you helped me before.

The problem that I have is, when 2 planes are coming to land, both are heading for the same runway, so 1 of the 2 will abort landing and go around and land later.
I have 2 parralel runways, both with no trafic. In other instances like this, 2 planes would takeoff and/or land at the same time in the 2 different runways.
It seems like it is not consistent.
I have tried with different planes, different times, etc. to no avail.
If there was a way so I could asign for each plane the runway for landing and takeoff would solve the problem.

Thanks
Angelo

ReggieF5421
07-30-2010, 08:58 AM
No

FS does not have the capability for load balancing of landing runway assignments. AI aircraft are usually assigned to land on the runway closest to their arrival route. There are some exceptions when a runway heading is very near the direct course to the takeoff airport.

The best FSX does is assign AI aircraft to IAF points about 7 miles apart on the approach. This only works for the first five aircraft assigned to a runway for landing. This assignment is done long before the aircraft is on final.

When you have aircraft flying at different speeds, i.e. different models with different flight dynamics - that separation falls apart as they get close to the runway and the faster planes overtake the slower ones.

You cannot fix the issue with the airport design. You can help clear the runway faster by watching and learning where the majority of your AI aircraft are stopping on the runway and add a taxiway a hundred feet of so ahead of that point to give the AI aircraft the fastest possible exit.