PDA

View Full Version : Reinstall FS2K2

MTheisen
05-28-2002, 06:15 AM
Hi all,

there might be a day where you have to reinstall FS2K2 or even your computer because itīs got a fault you canīt get fixed or repaired and the only solution is a totally clean system.

To avoid setting everything up like one simmer described in another post needing days or even weeks I have the following question:

If I burn a backup-cd what files do I have to put on this cd to have FS2K2 as it was before the system resetting?

THX in advance for your help!

Best regards and Happy Landings!
"Above the clouds freedom is borderless"
http://www.flightsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3ca9b7915deaa03b.jpg

lightning38
05-28-2002, 08:46 AM
HI!
I would back up anything you modified. This might include airplanes, scenery, effects, textures, etc. Also saved flights, although you can opt to save them during uninstall. A lot of these files won't be deleted by the uninstall but better safe than sorry! :-) The only thing I don't know how to save are setting within the game. Perhaps someone else can help on that.

Anthony

dvcarter
05-28-2002, 09:07 AM
FS2002.cfg has most or all of your game settings....

DC..

ekseks
05-28-2002, 09:38 AM
I was about to post on the same subject. I had to do just that this weekend. A few days back I was doing a lot of switching between A/C and then I started getting a lot of sudden FS2K stops even after re-boots (flight sim quit working and kicked me back to my desktop). I tried some trouble shooting but it did not help. So I uninstalled FS2K2, reinstalled it, and then recopied my backups into my FS2002 folder. Now everything works fine. Saved me hours of reloading and reconfiguring everything!

In additon to those folders you listed (aircraft, scenery, effects) I also back up my gauges, sound and module folders. (There may be one other one but I can't remember it now.)