PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Bruget 763 "Deux Ponts"

Sambo
12-03-2009, 04:08 AM
File "b2p_fs9.zip" - Bruget 763 "Deux Ponts" by Barney Bigard

I'm desperately looking for this file which appeared on Avsim until it became a victim of the damage this summer. Could anyone help me find a copy of the zip of this unusal (very French!) plane, please. (Plus perhaps sounds and panels).

With thanks.

napamule2
12-03-2009, 05:37 AM
This one? I think I got it here. Did you check? If not it's at Simviation.
Chuck B
Napamule
Edit: Found it at SurClaro site (and no where else !!!). I signed in but on 'Download File Now' it dumped me ($18?, or they didn't like the taste of my cookies-ha). Seems he had it at AvSim but I haven't signed up there (they want me to change my name, and my name is already 'taken', so I'm out of luck (hehe)).

Avechelice
12-03-2009, 09:58 AM
Hello,

No more on Avsim (hack casualty)

Regards.http://smilies.sofrayt.com/%5E/a/bye.gif

alastairmonk
12-03-2009, 10:40 AM
Hi,

I was able to log in to SurClaro (the $18.00 is their Premium Membership) but the link given is invalid ....

For what its worth, the item in question is listed as an FS2002 download.

Alastair

napamule2
12-03-2009, 11:44 AM
Well, I myself already have it. Had it since Jan 14, 2009. Yeah, it's FS2002, but I 'shoehorned' it into FS9 and it works good. I was just doing some leg work (via my buddy Google) and that one link at SurClaro is all I come up with. It's a shame.

Those guys are so (French?) er, peculiar. They put out the Pastaga Solex (vespa like scooter-Jan 2008) and they refused my FDE's for it. So I made a video to YouTube. Emailed the link to them, but no response. Now they hide their models? Don't make sense to me. They are great modelers. I get a kick of the detailed models like theirs. Can't figure it out. Maybe their models are being stolen (or, duplicated)? They do GMAX stuff. Sad.
Chuck B
Napamule

johnhinson
12-03-2009, 12:48 PM
Sadly, the Flight Dynamics for the Deux Ponts are atrocious - this lumbering beast flies like a jet and if you attempt a realistic cruise speed it pops its nose so high in the air you can smell Christmas coming.

The good news is that there are some far more realistic replacement FDs available from http://www.calclassic.com/planes.html .

More good news is that I have located the original file amongst my archives and if anybody wants it emailed please let me have their email address by PM. Also be sure to pick up the CGTA Air Algerie colours (texb2pah.zip at AVSIM) and some documentation in English (b2ponts_english.zip at AVSIM).

John

napamule2
12-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Yeah, I know them. Prop jobs is all they do (or try to do -hehe). Just kidding Ed. I lucked out and got it at the French site last year. My FDE's are good. I guess I could share my FDE's if they PM me. I have the zips (3 files). I am not greedy so speak up.

Made a video and will upload to YouTube tonight and post link in the Video Forum here so you can see how sweet it hand flys. OH, the video is of it in FSX-so sorry you FS9'ers, you have to wait until next tuesday (hehe).

Got some thundering 'PW' sound by Frederic BOURMAUT (France) intended for the Hughes XF-11. Shakes the walls of the house (and that just on taxi!!-ha). Only problem is it's a frame HOG: 30 fps down to 12 fps for me (when recording with Fraps) in FSX. FS9 is 'ok'.

I believe that aircraft like these are fun. They are even more fun if you share them with the community. Life is short. Here today, gone tomorrow. But, that's how the cookie crumbles. You can't have everything. What you see is what you get. You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink (unless you whack him in the mouth-ha).
Chuck B
Napamule
EDIT: NOTICE: I posted the link video of the Brequet 763 Deus Ponts 'Provence' in FSX (2:57 duration) at YouTube in FltSimCom's Video Forum. Too much for my rig, so put up with stutters (sound) due to Fraps, too. It's a Frame Hog in FSX (it's ok in FS9-video later).

Sambo
12-06-2009, 10:20 AM
Thanks for all your efforts.

Surclaro did indeed prove to be a dud, I'm afraid - although several sites link to their file (more, of course, to avsim).

I don't know but that the FS2004 version of the plane is likely to be a simple reworking, if that, of the 2002 version... does anyone know?

I'm following johnhinson's kind offer. As to how it lumbers, I'll report back!

Thanks again.

Big777jet
12-06-2009, 11:16 AM
Try Alpha India Group go to forum. Many members give it to each others by email if they have repaint. They are nice people. I did lost my B737-200 BlueDart AVSim hacked no available. AIG member emailed me and I got'em. No problem. Try get AIG forum look for category "Repaints" over there. Good luck.

Stuart

http://www.alpha-india.net/forums/index.php#1

napamule2
12-06-2009, 01:20 PM
Update. Last Friday finally got my pass for AvSim Libray and they have them there. No need to complicate your life with passing along files (which the authors don't approve of).

Of course the dynamics are an seperate (but important) issue. No use having model if it doesn't 'fly' right. I finally got them 'finalized' last night and it cruises at 225 Kts with no 'nose up' attitude. Will zip and post here 'next tuesday' (as I want to watch NFL football games today). It's my 'day off' anyway (ha).
Chuck B
Napamule

johnhinson
12-06-2009, 01:31 PM
Of course the dynamics are an seperate (but important) issue. No use having model if it doesn't 'fly' right. I finally got them 'finalized' last night and it cruises at 225 Kts with no 'nose up' attitude. Will zip and post here 'next tuesday' (as I want to watch NFL football games today). It's my 'day off' anyway (ha).
Exactly my point. The Deux Ponts cruised at 182 - 206 TAS!

John

Sambo
12-07-2009, 01:30 AM
Thanks all. I now have a copy of the zip for 2004, which I'll work on and report back.

I'm not clear about the hacked files at Avsim: in principle, many authors understandably pefer that their files be downloaded from approved sites and not redistributed... but if the files have been hacked and the author is unreachable??? What do people think? Perhaps some authors could let us know what they feel about such file-sharing in such a case?

napamule2
12-07-2009, 05:51 PM
Sambo,
What happened is their computers were hacked and all their files were deleted. There is no issue about file sharing when we say 'AvSim was hacked'.

So, they had to start over from scratch so some of the files did not survive and it's taking them time to find-and-replace them, that's all.

Glad you could get the files, as otherwise they were not to be found. And the reason the SurClaro link did not work is PROBABLY because they had files linked to AvSim library?

John,
You said: '..cruised at 182 - 206 TAS!'. So you can SLOW DOWN can't you in order to meet your stringent 'to spec' cruise speed. Right? Right. Cheesh.
Chuck B
Napamule