PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Terrian X

afterburner07
01-08-2009, 08:34 AM
FSX has waves on major coastlines and it looks cool. I installed Ultimate Terrian X and the waves went away. Any setting that I am missing? I have FSX Deluxe, which I bought a couple of years ago and the Ultimate package. Anyone have any ideas?

dharris
01-08-2009, 08:36 AM
http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_topics.asp?FID=19 If you post in this forum, you will get a lot of help from the developer and others. Great bunch

McFlysky
01-08-2009, 11:39 AM
"There be waves, captain!"

bkeske
01-08-2009, 12:24 PM
I have UTX for the USA, Canada, and Europe.

I believe waves became an option after installing Canada.

Not sure why they set it up that way, but I do believe that is how it is. Once you get the wave option, you get waves all over the world....not just Canada.

quantumleap
01-08-2009, 02:19 PM
I replied over at SimForums, but thought I'd add it here as well for others.

Have you used the UTX Setup Tool to enable FS9 Wave Effects?

If not, with FSX not running, select the 'Change FS9 Style Wave Effects' option under the 'Ultimate Terrain' menu and after you have made your selections press OK. Exit the UTX Setup Tool.

Other things, make sure that 'Water Effects' on the FSX Scenery tab are Low 1.x or higher, and that you have the HL1, HL2 and HL3 Water Body Coastlines active in the right hand feature of the UTX Setup Tool.

Additional note - as to why it is set up that way is because UTX adds its own coastline vectors compared to default FSX versions, and so these need to have wave effects added to them differently.

Jeff