PDA

View Full Version : Rwy 12

chubbard46
11-22-2008, 02:29 PM
Hey there. I downloaded and installed RWY 12. It works great. I then downoaded additional scenery items. They show up in the program and allow placement, but when I generate the scenery the .xml save and I get an error message that it could not create the .bgl. The original sceneries work. Is there any hope. I'm using VISTA and both FS9 and FSX.

Thanks

Clay

Sgt Caribou
11-22-2008, 05:09 PM
Correct me if wrong here but am pretty sure RWY12 is intended for use with FS2004 only. Maybe some of the addon library items aren't compatible with FSX. If adding default autogen items (FSX only), you could also try something called Whisplacer (I don't have any experience with this, but have read about it being used several times). Another utility is Instant Scenery, which is payware, but allows placement of items in either FS2004 or FSX, and also permits using the scenery libraries that are available for RWY12. I use the latter and it's well worth the price, you can even add "live" animals in FSX such as birds and whales.

meshman2
11-22-2008, 09:42 PM
Rwy12 requires the SDKs be installed, as would Whisplacer. Has this been installed?

Alexander
11-22-2008, 11:15 PM
Maybe Vista is the problem.

chubbard46
11-23-2008, 08:38 AM
When I first installed the program it worked and still does with both FS9 and FSX with RWY 12's original .xml files. It is the new downloaded .xml files to expand the library that I have the problem. I can create the new scenery files and when I convert them I get a new .xml, which I want but it does not create the new .bgl.

Clay