PDA

View Full Version : FS9.cfg

frog3764
04-01-2008, 01:46 AM
One of my downloaded scenery files wants me make a change in the fs9 cfg file. Well, I don't have a file like that in the fs9 root directory. The closest I have is a 2000.cfg, but that only has one entry. Where or what am I looking for?

Thanks,
Frog

pschlute
04-01-2008, 03:38 AM
fs9.cfg doesnt live in the fs9 root folder. It is in Application data/microsoft

Make sure you are not being asked to change the scenery.cfg file instead.

Peter

opaplano
04-01-2008, 12:50 PM
One of my downloaded scenery files wants me make a change in the fs9 cfg file. Well, I don't have a file like that in the fs9 root directory. The closest I have is a 2000.cfg, but that only has one entry. Where or what am I looking for?

Thanks,
Frog

What change are you being asked to make? The addition of a flatten statement perhaps?

That would be done to your scenery.cfg file and that file is found in your FS2004 root folder. Most, if not all, FS2004 cfg files can be opened and edited with Notepad.

If making ANY change, be sure to make a backup FIRST.

frog3764
04-01-2008, 06:51 PM
One of the authors was suggesting a change in the SLEW portion to slow down for placing scenery. I made the change but haven't tried it yet. I DID back up first. Thanks to all for the help.

Frog

opaplano
04-01-2008, 07:20 PM
One of the authors was suggesting a change in the SLEW portion to slow down for placing scenery. I made the change but haven't tried it yet. I DID back up first. Thanks to all for the help.

Frog

I find it much simpler to just slow down the sim when placing objects - using the R and minus key several times. That works well for me and it is then easy to restore the sim rate using the R key and the plus key.

The change to the FS9.cfg file also works but will stay that way until you re-edit it.

frog3764
04-01-2008, 09:11 PM
Hey Opa, thanks for the tip. I learn something new almost everyday thanks to you "ole heads".

Frog