PDA

View Full Version : please help! no atc sound

vision
04-09-2002, 01:13 AM
Hi Everyone,

This forum has always been blessed with some of the most creative people so I'm hoping some of you veteran simmers may be able to help.

I recently did a full install of fs2k2 Pro and chose the ATC Sound option in the setup screen. However, I can hear everything but the ATC voices. I've searched the forum for some similar postings and found a few things but I've already tried them. So far, I've:

- turned the ATC volume to max
- hit alt-enter a few times
- selected 3 different pilot voices
- re-copied USEnglishASOS.gvp, USEnglishBig.gvp, and usenglishsmall.gvp,
- made sure that my sound was in fact turned on.
- updated windows media player to 7.1

Does anyone know if the *.gvp files have to be all lowercase, all upercase, or a combination (as I've typed them above)?
Also, can the actual pilot's voices be recopied off of the original CD's? If so, where might I find these?

I've had ATC working before on a previous install but just can't figure out why it would not work now. Strange, huh?

I really miss the ATC audio - I hope some of you may be able to help. Thanks for reading the post.

Cheers,

Vision

OStateFlyer
04-09-2002, 01:24 AM
I had a similar problem after upgrading from WinME to Win2K Pro. The sound drivers I was using after I upgraded (a complete fdisk and fresh install actually) would not let me hear ATC, flaps, and some of the other small sounds. I changed drivers and it cleared the problem up immediately. It was really annoying since I had heard ATC the day before! The drivers that I was using came with SoundMax 3.0. It was great on other games but FS2002 didn't like it at all. Good luck!

Brad

http://www.okstate.edu/osu_orgs/flyingag/wings.gif