PDA

View Full Version : Private pilot check ride

Rockee
03-30-2002, 06:54 PM
When I try to compete the Private pilot check ride I have the following problems. After take off and leveling out at 2000 ft i am instructed to make a left turn to 090. After completion of turn I am instructed to make a 360 degree steep turn to the left. I complete the turn and roll out at 090 again without any feedback. I continue on and never hear another word from instructer. I have done this many times and it's always the same no contact at all after steep turn. Anyone else having this problem??

xplanefanatic
03-30-2002, 07:21 PM
There is a post a few days old about this very subject, I can't for the life of me remember what it said though...damned old age...

If I wouldn't have had the flight simming community, I wouldn't have my ppl. We are a strange breed, diverse and different yet, bonded to one another by the need to here the winds whistling by and seeing our problems on the ground, far, far away...

bly
03-30-2002, 08:15 PM
I remember having the same problem but finally got passed it. I believe the answer was to make sure you stayed at 45 degrees for the entire tunr and not lose or gain more then 100 feet of altitude.

rtriez
03-30-2002, 08:44 PM
LAST EDITED ON Mar-30-02 AT 07:51PM (EDT)[p]If your getting through the steep turn without her failing you, that's a good sign. Usually she'll fail you before you even roll out. After you roll out, start towards Tacoma Narrows and descend to 1300 ft MSL and enter the pattern on the downwind leg and then fly left base and final to rnwy 35. She should start talking once you get to 1300 ft but if not, try landing on 35 and see what happens. If everything is done right, you will get your certificate as soon as you stop.
:-jumpy