PDA

View Full Version : how can you tell if you have sp1

djbowler
12-16-2007, 03:12 AM
I'm pretty sure i installed it but now that i installed sp2, i don't see it in the add/remove programs section

ReggieF5421
12-16-2007, 08:56 AM
Check the version number of the FSX.exe file.

10.0.61355.0 is FSX-SP1
10.0.61637.0 is FSX-XPack (Acceleration)
10.0.61472.0 is FSX-SP2

That Guy
12-16-2007, 09:17 AM
Last night I deleted SP2. SP2 will be the only one to show up in the add/rem prog. section. When SP2 is deleted, SP1 and the actual FSX program will appear in the add/rem prog. section.

djbowler
12-16-2007, 02:16 PM
Last night I deleted SP2. SP2 will be the only one to show up in the add/rem prog. section. When SP2 is deleted, SP1 and the actual FSX program will appear in the add/rem prog. section.

Yea, I removed sp2 last night and then reinstalled sp1. Now i'm reinstalling sp2 to try it again. I don't particularly like the dx10 look but damn that shadow over the instruments is impressive. By the way, Thay Guy, my mother in law owns that Sonny's barbeque in Spring Hill, Fl. Small world.

That Guy
12-16-2007, 02:22 PM
Yea, I removed sp2 last night and then reinstalled sp1. Now i'm reinstalling sp2 to try it again. I don't particularly like the dx10 look but damn that shadow over the instruments is impressive. By the way, Thay Guy, my mother in law owns that Sonny's barbeque in Spring Hill, Fl. Small world.

Small world indeed! I guess I'm going to have to pay her a visit and let her know how much her son in law needs to get a life and stop messing around with this darn forsaken flight simulator that traps us like a helpless fox in the woods and robs us of every minute of our sanctity.

*shakes fist in air*... darn you Microsoft!!!

By the way, you mentioned that you were re-installing SP1..... did you delete that too? Or are you doing a cover install?

djbowler
12-16-2007, 03:13 PM
Small world indeed! I guess I'm going to have to pay her a visit and let her know how much her son in law needs to get a life and stop messing around with this darn forsaken flight simulator that traps us like a helpless fox in the woods and robs us of every minute of our sanctity.

*shakes fist in air*... darn you Microsoft!!!

By the way, you mentioned that you were re-installing SP1..... did you delete that too? Or are you doing a cover install?

Well, I couldn't tell if i had sp 1 intalled(because I'm an idiot and I didn't check the "about flight simulator" option) so I reinstalled sp1(or installed, I don't know) . anyway it looks better this time but I still get that annoying stair stepping in vc and fs loads in the upper right quarter of the monitor, then i have to alt+enter and then expand. ??? Yea, my mother in law will get a kick out of some other nut case talking about flight sim(I'm sure she thinks I'm a freak, I blew 3000 bucks on my rig- Dell XPS 720 duo core Nvidia 8800 gtx and 4 gigs of ram running vista. But the computer REALLY cost me $6000 because my wife got pissed off when she found out how much I spent so she spent guess how much on liposuction on her thighs. Remember things are twice as much when you're married.

That Guy
12-16-2007, 03:23 PM
Well, I couldn't tell if i had sp 1 intalled(because I'm an idiot and I didn't check the "about flight simulator" option) so I reinstalled sp1(or installed, I don't know) . anyway it looks better this time but I still get that annoying stair stepping in vc and fs loads in the upper right quarter of the monitor, then i have to alt+enter and then expand. ??? Yea, my mother in law will get a kick out of some other nut case talking about flight sim(I'm sure she thinks I'm a freak, I blew 3000 bucks on my rig- Dell XPS 720 duo core Nvidia 8800 gtx and 4 gigs of ram running vista. But the computer REALLY cost me $6000 because my wife got pissed off when she found out how much I spent so she spent guess how much on liposuction on her thighs. Remember things are twice as much when you're married.

I just sent you a PM about a fix for your window mode on startup. And, I will be more than happy to let your mother in law understand how much of a nutcase I am as well when it comes to spending extreme amounts of jack on flight simming products. :)

djbowler
12-16-2007, 03:26 PM
I just sent you a PM about a fix for your window mode on startup. And, I will be more than happy to let your mother in law understand how much of a nutcase I am as well when it comes to spending extreme amounts of jack on flight simming products. :)

you da man,

Don