PDA

View Full Version : What a concept...........Software that works!

lightbg
11-11-2007, 08:58 PM
As anybody who frequents this forum well knows, some of us have issues with FSX, SP1, and Acceleration. I've been lucky, getting by with only one call to Microsoft support when installing Acceleration (the disk wasn't recognized due to issues with other DVD programs; in less than half an hour I was flying as usual). Today I came across a utility called "aicar2r2.zip" by Lamont Clark that claimed to be able to install the new FSX/A carriers anywhere you fly in real time as long as you have FSX, SP1 and Acceleration installed (there is also an app for non-Acceleration configurations). Here's the quote from the Downloads Section:

"FSX AI Carriers for Flight Simulator X SP1 and Acceleration, second release update for AICARR2.ZIP. This is a small software that allows you to place and control single ships or complete naval fleets in Flight Simulator X. Unlike previous software concerning AI ships and carriers, or missions, it doesn't need complex edit of traffic files or mission files. Just add when you are in free flight, anywhere you want. By Lamont Clark. Public Domain."

In short, it's brilliant! It does exactly what it says it'll do, and it's worked every time I've tried it. I don't know Mr. Clark, and I'm not related, so this is not only an endorsement but also a public Thank You for providing the flight sim community with a simple to install and simple to use program. I'm not trying to sleight all the other uploaders for their time and effort (as a former Train-Sim modeler I have a fairly accurate idea of the creative process), but this program struck me as hitting a home run in execution, installation, and results achieved. Nice, simple, and fun......the exact same reasons I sim in the first place.

Jake