PDA

View Full Version : Correct way to install FSX: Acceleration?

jetguy35
10-31-2007, 03:57 AM
What is the correct way to install FSX, SP1 and the Acceleration pack?

I feel this is a topic that should be here for anyone who plans on installing the Acceleration pack on top of FSX and SP1.

Okay, I am not 100% sure about what the correct way to install the Acceleration pack is. I have heard that you need to do a clean install of FSX and then just install the Acceleration pack. Does that mean that you do not need to install SP1 before installing the Acceleration pack? I have heard SP1 comes loaded on the Acceleration disk. Also, will it harm the installation if you clean install FSX, then install a downloaded version of SP1, and then install the Acceleration pack?

Like I said, I am not 100% sure on this topic and I'm sure there are others out there that are unsure too; so that is why I have posted this topic.

Ben

jessecarleson
10-31-2007, 04:23 AM
I stuck the disk in the slot and pressed the "next" button until it turned into a "finish" button then i pressed that button. Everything works great (except DX10 preview of course) even my add-on aircraft/scenery payware and freeware.

JoeD
10-31-2007, 04:52 AM
You don't need a clean install in most cases.
However, some are reporting problems and they just might be caused by some third party program present. So, you never know 'till you try I guess.

Personally, I just had Utimate Terrain (US and Can) and some mesh installed along with SP1. The Acelleration installation went fine.

For a clean install, you just have to install Acelleration as it contains SP1.

Calb
10-31-2007, 03:23 PM
Ben,

Yes, SP1 is on the Acceleration disc. When Acceleration is installed, the installer checks for the presence of SP1. If it's not there, it will install it first. If it does find it, it skips to installing SP2 and the Acceleration stuff. Just a little convenience courtesy of ACES.

As JoeD says, you can install over top an existing FSX+SP1 installation but some addons may not work properly.

Cal - CYXX