PDA

View Full Version : ATC Window

donatogeraldi
08-27-2007, 06:30 AM
I am having trouble on my ATC Window.Is anyone else having the same problems. When I have a choice to such as "1.Tune in Whidbey Approaach on 118.2or "2.Nearest airport list" or "repeat last transmission" or whatever I can usually click on the numbers of the options however sometimes I cannot. In that case I can only get the option when I press the corresponding keyboard number.
I am using a Logistics non cable attached keyboard and two videoscreens.

Anu ideas on what could be the problem?

PetziK
08-27-2007, 07:02 AM
Hi,
that happens when the atc window gets out of focus - you need to click somewheare into the atc window, or, press the corresponding keyboard key twice - so to hide it and then bring it up again. I have the atc window attached to my ch - flightjoke button, but sometimes I bring the atc window up and then do something else, like hiding the gps window - then fsx thinks the next active window is the front pilots scenery view and not the atc window - so I have to press that button twice and then I can press 1, 2, ...3 and then it works
I'd recommend you to use the keypad 1, 2...9 instead of the mouse - you are much faster with the keyboard, I know you have to remember a huge ammount of shortcuts, but at the end you are faster - the mouse and knob features in the 3d cockpit still offer a huge possibility for improvement ;-)

let me know if it worked out for you,
Pete

donatogeraldi
08-27-2007, 10:36 AM
Thanks!

MongooseMike
08-27-2007, 01:39 PM
I have that problem occasionally. It happens so rarely, I don't sweat it. In fact, now I just hit the keyboard number automatically. I haven't found a why yet. If I do, I'll post it.

donatogeraldi
08-28-2007, 06:30 AM
Thanks for your reply. Please let me know if you find out something. In the meantime I will ask microsoft.