PDA

View Full Version : World of AI packages

hamiltonman
06-20-2007, 12:34 AM
I'd like to add some traffic to FSX and have downloaded & installed World of AI new installer. I have been to their site and also searched here but can't figure out if the FS2004 packages can be installed into FSX. I don't find very many FSX airline packages if any. The W of AI site refers here for files. Can anyone give me some tips or point me in right direction for some direction. Just which AI packages can be installed? Paul

Emile
06-20-2007, 02:26 AM
Hello,
I have ALL WoA packages installed and they work , same for PAI.
You have to change the (MAIN) () standing for open/close brakets in FSX.cfg
User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter
SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.6=SimObjects\AIAirplanes
SimObjectPaths.7=SimObjects\AI_Aircraft_NL
SimObjectPaths.8=SimObjects\AI_Aircraft_CH
SimObjectPaths.9=SimObjects\AI_Aircraft_VOZ
SimObjectPaths.10=SimObjects\AI_Aircraft_RAAF
SimObjectPaths.11=SimObjects\PAI
I have added the line 6. The related folder must be created.
You install the WOA installer . when installing a package just instruct to install for FSX and link to the related folder , all the needed AC will installed in that folder.
Hope it helps.

hamiltonman
06-20-2007, 11:02 AM
Emile, Thanks, once again. If I read you correctly: Any of the 2004 WOA AI packages can be installed using the latest installer into FSX (?) Judging from the many that appear in your AIAirplanes folder (pic).
I will Make change to FSX.cfg as instructed. Direct installation to this new folder in SimObjects.
Another question. I have saved on disk all my FS2002 PAI files. Would it be possible to import these into FSX?
If successful is it then possible to remove Orbit, World etc. stock AI planes from appearing somehow? Thanks, Paul

hamiltonman
06-20-2007, 02:45 PM
Emile, Following up....With your help I have successfully installed 21 WofAI packages. I found these in the AVSIM hot files for the Month List. I see that the stock FSX airlines are gone so I assume installation has removed those. Interested in your use of PAI and info you can provide. Do same airlines conflict between AI packages? Thanks for the help. Paul

Emile
06-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Hello Paul ,
As soon I you install an "ex-FS9" traffic the standard FSX traffic is NOT active anymore !! Still present but not active. Many topics about this...
1/ concerning PAI :
I followed instructions found on an other site
* Create an aircrfat folder in the FSX root
* Create one more entry in the fsx.cfg , see previous attach , in my case it is called PAI (keep it simple !!)
* install the PAI installer as instructed.
* select a PAI Package and install it, it will install the aircrafts in the aircraft folder in FSX root , afterwards COPY do not MOVE , the content of the aircraft folder in the simobject "PAI" folder created .
This allow PAI install to control the installed aircrafts and "merge" the aircrafts in the aircraft folder and after you copy again the modified content of the folder to the simobjects/PAI folder.

I hope this is clear...
2/ Yes if you install Air France WOA followed by Air France PAI you will have possible double traffic.. a choice to make ...
3/ Concerning FS2002 Pai files I cannot answer but you can start with the "new" PAI packages and control if your FS2002 packages are still available in the actual PAI site.
Hope it helps

hamiltonman
06-20-2007, 04:00 PM
Emile, Thanks. Got that but you lost me here:

'afterwards COPY do not MOVE , the content of the aircraft folder in the simobject "PAI" folder created .
This allow PAI install to control the installed aircrafts and "merge" the aircrafts in the aircraft folder and after you copy again the modified content of the folder to the simobjects/PAI folder.'

I don't quite get the above.

Also: When I lost my stock airlines I also lost traffic at local airports ( KHVN, KMVY, etc ) Before there would be parked CRJ-700's and some flight traffic. I have tried to locat a U.S. Air Express package but no luck. Anyway I can put some eye candy into regional airports like these? Traffic and parking at KJFK, EGLL, etc. is good.
Paul

Emile
06-21-2007, 02:30 AM
Hello,
Please have look at the attached screen shot (previous answer).
You can see that I have the same aircrafts in the aircraft folder in the root FSX and in the simobjects/PAI folder.
Why?
1/ PAI installer NEEDS the aircraft folder in the root so that when you install an other PAI package with the same type of aircraft as already in use in an other PAI packages PAI Installer will merge the information from BOTH aircraft.cfg files to create the new one containing the data of the 2 aicrafts (see the attached as example)
a/ aircraft.cfg flightsim 3 is a version used in the air china,
b/ flightsim 4 is a version used in the easy jet and both come from 2 different packages and merged in one same file ...

2/ FSX NEEDS the simobject/pai folder to find the aircrafts to be used with the PAI Traffic package.

SO BOTH FOLDERS MUST BE PRESENT AND EQUAL IN CONTENTS ; this the reason why I say COPY from Aircraft folder to simobject/PAI.

hamiltonman
06-22-2007, 01:00 AM
Emile, Thanks for your replies. I will get around to the PAI in time and study your instruction.
I have searched and not found much information nor help re: World of AI (including their site). I have installed nearly all the packages now. The major airports look great with many aircraft however many airports now have little or no planes. I can do without the 'traffic' but would like some eye candy in the form of parked planes. Since W of AI wiped out the stock airlines it has eliminated these planes at airports.
I don't seem to see any General Aviation airplanes nor traffic now. I have tried sliders to max. Has World of AI removed these as well? Is my only option here to add the PAI so as to populate the airports and skies? Is it possible to add plane scerey using Object Placement tool? I can't be only one who has encountered this. OR...Is the only solution to uninstall all WO AI and just purchase a Traffic addon software?

Emile
06-22-2007, 02:33 AM
Hello,
As soon as you install AI aircraft traffic based on the "old" format (as WOA or PAI are) the "default FSX traffic is NOT activated anymore.
I do not know why but is is a fact.
I can live with this untill some "guru" will find the solution !!
Did you try the GA_traffic from Markus Brunner see on avsim.
"I just uploaded RC 2 too avsim.
The file ID is 97262 it should be available later today.
This version contain some BUG fixes (previously available here as separate download) and should run better with Windows Vista.
It is still not 100% optimized for Vista.
Please uninstall every previous version"
I use it since ... and it works in FSX .
Have a nice day.

Simmer112
06-22-2007, 03:09 PM
I have successfully installed the WOAI packages along with My Traffic X. Initially I had a problem with WOAI packages (I picked the FSX option using the installer) since the flight plans were based on FS9 format. I removed them since they were interfering with My Traffic X and FSX Traffic based on FSX format.

There is now a tool available that I use to convert the WOAI packages after I download them. This is the "BGL Flight Plan to FSX Convertor". After the WOAI package is installed you need to go to the FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery Folder and use the converter to change the flight plan format to FSX.

It works great. Now I can have My Traffic X, FSX Traffic and WOAI Traffic showing up nicely. Search for "bglfpfsxconvert.exe" to locate it on Flightsim or Avsim.

hamiltonman
06-22-2007, 06:43 PM
Simmer112, Thanks for the reply. I could not find bglfpfsxconvert.exe in a search. I did find a utility "FSX Flightplan Converter 1.0" by Jens Rabmund, that sems to be a FSX flightplanner converter. Is this it? Also, if so, I'm not clear on how to use it. I think (if I have the correct utility) it says to place it in the folder with the WOAI flightplan bgl's. Then rename them one at a time, convert them with converter and then rename them back to original names eg.'Traffic_10_WoA_UPS_Su05.bgl'. Is this correct. Pls send link to the download or verify that I have correct utility. Thanks, Paul

Emile
06-23-2007, 03:01 AM
Hello,
>I removed them since they were
>interfering with My Traffic X and FSX Traffic based on FSX
>format.
>
Do you use Traffic X version 5b?
Did you upgrade from the initial version?
Thanks in advance.
Emile

Simmer112
06-23-2007, 01:39 PM
The correct utility to use was listed by a user in the My Traffic X forum on Avsim. Here is the URL: http://lc0277.nerim.net/bglfpfsxconvert.zip

I currently have 100 WOAI FSX Flight Plans installed and it works very well after conversion.

hamiltonman
06-23-2007, 06:59 PM
Simmer12, Thanks. I have now downloaded the utility from your link. Can you clear up a question. The instructions :

2) Rename the flightplan to fp_fs9.txt.

3) Run the FSX Flightplan Converter

4) The converted FSX flightplan is named

fp_fsx.txt.

5) Edit the aircraft name in the new FSX

flightplan so that it
respondes to the FSX AircraftTypes.csv.

OK, these are the WOAI files in the FSX/Scenery/World/Scenery folder. I change them one at a time to fp_fs9.txt. Then I run the coverter. The part that I'm not clear on is do I then rename each back to the WOAI name as it was, for example 'Traffic_00_WoA_Alitalia_Su06.bgl' ? Or then what does he mean by 'edit the aircraft name' ?
Can these be done in a batch or did you do all 100 of yours one by one? Thanks again, Paul

Simmer112
06-23-2007, 11:11 PM
Paul, The process is extremely simple and can be done in a batch operation. The FSX Flight Plan convertor can handle 1 FS9 flight plan file or multiple flight plan files.

Here is a step by step process:

1. Use the WOAI installer to install the WOAI Airline Package into FSX.

2. This will install the FS9 format flight plan into the FSX\Scenery\World\Scenery Folder e.g. "Traffic_134_WoA_Middle East Airlines - AirLiban_Su07.bgl"

3. Now open the BGL Flight Plan convertor to convert the above file to FSX format. Ensure that you have the make backups option checked (*bglfs9) and the second option - Remap airports (using Reggie Fields list)

4. Select the file - Traffic_134_WoA_Middle East Airlines - AirLiban_Su07.bgl or multiple files by using the CTRL + Click method.

5. Click the GO button.

That's it the converted file is now Traffic_134_WoA_Middle East Airlines - AirLiban_Su07.bgl and the original is renamed as Traffic_134_WoA_Middle East Airlines - AirLiban_Su07.bglfs9

You will notice that in the WOAI expert mode if you click on Airports under the Airline it will just have square boxes. An indication that the format has changed.

Try it out and let me know. Once you get familiar with this it is SO EASY.

>Simmer12, Thanks. I have now downloaded the utility from your
>link. Can you clear up a question. The instructions :
>
>2) Rename the flightplan to fp_fs9.txt.
>
> 3) Run the FSX Flightplan Converter
>
> 4) The converted FSX flightplan is named
>
>fp_fsx.txt.
>
> 5) Edit the aircraft name in the new FSX
>
>flightplan so that it
> respondes to the FSX AircraftTypes.csv.
>
>OK, these are the WOAI files in the FSX/Scenery/World/Scenery
>folder. I change them one at a time to fp_fs9.txt. Then I run
>the coverter. The part that I'm not clear on is do I then
>rename each back to the WOAI name as it was, for example
>'Traffic_00_WoA_Alitalia_Su06.bgl' ? Or then what does he mean
>by 'edit the aircraft name' ?
> Can these be done in a batch or did you do all 100 of yours
>one by one? Thanks again, Paul

hamiltonman
06-24-2007, 11:25 AM
Simmer112, Help. Somethings wrong. I downloaded the coverter. I extracted it to a folder I created for doing the conversions. I placed all the 'installed' WOAI files into that folder with the coverter. The converter appears as a dos-like black square program symbol. I click on it to run and it opens a dos-like black box window with blue banner top with instructions to change file names etc.. Nothing happens. I do not get converter program options of 'make back-up options checked' nor airport option as you instruct. I even tried installing converter into World/Scenery folder directly with same results. I don't believe the converter itself is installing. What's wrong here? Frustrated here, Paul

hamiltonman
06-24-2007, 12:08 PM
Simmer112, Alls well. I went back to your link to converter. Rather than download it to desktop I chose to 'open with winzip' directly. Then I sent it to my created folder. I got program Icon (with girls pic) and not dos program icon. Have no idea why this made a difference. Ran the conversion just as you said. I'll re-install the converted files next and let you know. Thanks, paul

hamiltonman
06-24-2007, 01:14 PM
Simmer112, OK. I ran General Aviation program and then started FSX. I went to KJFK, Egll etc. and I have WOAI aircraft. I also have Gen Av aircraft as set up. However I now have Global Airways, Pacifica, etc.. stock airlines at airports as well. I guess since the converted bgl's are FSX compatible now ALL co-exist. So....how can I now get rid of Global, Pacifica..etc. ??? Thanks, You've gotten me this far...we're almost home, Paul

Simmer112
06-24-2007, 04:31 PM
If you want to configure FSX so that you do not see any stock AI Aircraft then just rename the TrafficAircraft.bgl file to something else. I have used TrafficAircraft.lbg.

This will enable you to restore the stock AI aircraft should you wish to do so in the future.

Happy Flying.

hamiltonman
06-24-2007, 04:57 PM
Simmer112, I was just getting back here to tell you that I experimented and tried removing AircraftTraffic.bgl from the World/scenery folder and that did the trick. I have saved a copy. Thanks for bein my wingman on this flight. Safe landing. Hope this thread helps others. Now I just have to fiddle with the General Aviation program to fine tune it. You mentioned you have 100 WOAI packages. I have found only 27. Is there a way to 'search' and bring them all up?

Simmer112
06-25-2007, 10:47 AM
Go to the World of AI website located at http://www.world-of-ai.com/. All the packages are listed there with links back to Avsim for downloading. I have only gone back to the Jan/Feb time frame this year since I am not sure if all the earlier packages are fully compatible with FSX and the latest WOAI installer (Version 2.4).

Some of the earlier airline schedules have been updated. Check the Update date column as well. I have downloaded GA, Military and the Cargo aircraft to make up the 100 WOAI packages.

biggestal
06-28-2007, 04:41 PM
Just like to say a public thank you here to Simmer112 for his time and trouble in helping me to get both my WOAI and GA-Traffic planes to show up in FSX following my pm to him. It is such co-operation and courtesy across national boundaries that lift this hobby into being something more than just a mere game ... Alan

hamiltonman
06-28-2007, 05:23 PM
Yes, Thanks again Simmer112. Thought I'd add something I learned today. It isn't exactly clear in doing the conversions of the WOAI bgl where the 'saved' copies that are generated should be kept.Lately I've just let them remain in the folder. While simming today i did a right click on the screen and chose AI traffic option and checked on planes flying in my area. I started seeing duplicates of the AI planes. AAaagghh! So I went into the Scenery/World/Scenery folder and removed all the '.bglFs9'(saved) files. Then started up FSX and all duplicates were gone. Simmer, if you are following, does that make sense? Thanks again, Paul

Simmer112
06-29-2007, 12:17 PM
I probably did not encounter the duplicate problem since I had created a sub folder under \Scenery\World\Scenery\FS9 and moved the *.bglfs9 files there.

If everything works well with the converted FSX files then you could remove the *.bglfs9 files to save space.

I had stopped downloading WOAI packages prior to Jan 2007 to ensure that they were FSX compatible. Hamiltonman requested that I send him converted files for some of the packages that dated back to the June 2006 time frame. I converted the bgl flight plans to FSX and sent it to hamiltonman and also used it in my FSX application.

I have not noticed any issues so far with the earlier WOAI packages that do not mention that they are FSX compatible after the bgl files have been converted. You need to use the latest WOAI installer and point the aircraft to the correct folder \SimObjects\Aircraft.

Glad to be of assistance. Happy Flying.

Simmer112
06-29-2007, 12:19 PM
The user mentioned in the above post should read "Biggestal" and not hamiltonman. My apologies to both.

Rakids
07-20-2010, 03:48 AM
Is somebody, who can tell me how to install world of ai installer with sp3, because i try and it doesn't work!:(

f16jockey_2
07-20-2010, 04:20 AM
Is somebody, who can tell me how to install world of ai installer with sp3, because i try and it doesn't work!:(
It's incompatible with SP3.

Greetz,
Wim

opaplano
07-20-2010, 07:18 AM

SP 3 for FSX?

That's news to me. :confused:

I was under the impression there was only SP1, SP2 and Acceleration. Did I miss something?