PDA

View Full Version : Pushback RCbgh50a Icon help

hamiltonman
06-15-2007, 10:59 AM
I have added Pushback gauge RCbgh50 to a number of my panels successfully. I have it as an added panel window and open & close with a Shift + #. I have downloaded RCbgh50a in hopes of adding an icon to click for opening & closing Pushback gauge on these panels. I have followed RCbgh50a instructions over & over but have a problem & can't figure where my error lies. I manage to get the small arrow icon to appear top center of my panel but clicking does not open the gauge. Could someone who has added gauge & icon to a panel paste their panel.cfg?
Also on this same Pushback subject. I have seen a variation of this gauge that allows for arming taxi speed for landing. It appears to have more functions in the pushback panel. Anyone got that working in FSX plane? I searched this forum for previous related posts but find none. Thanks for any help, Paul

hamiltonman
06-15-2007, 12:01 PM
Correction: I just tried 'arming' Taxi-Speed while on approach and see that the vers. (RCbgh50) I am using does allow for auto engagement of taxi-speed/flaps retracted when hitting rnwy. So, only question is how to get icon on panel working. Paul

Emile
06-15-2007, 02:03 PM
Hello,
I use the 40 version with success, find a copy of a panel.cfg of one of the aircrafts.
Hope it helps

hamiltonman
06-15-2007, 02:47 PM
Emile, Thanks for the panel.cfg. That will be very helpful as a guide if I want to swap out to Ver. 40. I take it that you do not have an Icon in this set-up to switch Groundhandling display on & off?
Anyone using ver. 50 w/ Icon? Paul

rcbarend
06-15-2007, 07:34 PM
Paul,

See attached panel.cfg for the default 737.
This works...

Important: the permanent Icon has TWO clickspots (see readme)
- The bottom half allows you to drag the Icon to another position.
- The Top half (where the curor changes into a Hand) opens/closes the main Groundhandling window.

A few more notes for installation in other panels:
1. Make sure the Icon is in a window position where it is NOT in the menu line !!. Because the FSX menu line will cover the clickspot, so it won't react on mouseclicks. See readme as well.

2. A nasty side-effect of a permanently-visible Icon (or permanent 2D Window in general), is that it scews up display of the 2D minipanel and full window without panel). In short, usage of the "W" key.
This problem is even worse with FSX SP1 !!
(See a few other posts about this subject).
IMHO just one of those open bugs in FSX, since I can't think of any reason why this function wouldn't work anymore.
And for the sceptics :-): it's NOT a problem of my gauge.
Just select an aircraft where the full view still works (go into 2D View and type "W" twice). Now, open any 2D window via the menu, and the full window is replaced by the 2D panel again, as if you type the "W".
So if you want to use the "W" functions, don't install the Icon.

IMPORTANT (also for Emile): DONOT use FS9 rcbgh40.zip in FSX; under some circumstances (like resizing the Groundhandling window by dragging) the included FS9 soundplaying gauge will cause a CTD in FSX !!
Moreover: Why would you ?? Since one of the main features in the FSX V5.0 is the interaction with the FSX pushback tugs.

Cheers, Rob Barendregt

hamiltonman
06-15-2007, 10:23 PM
Rob, Thanks for the help and thanks for your great gauge. I use it on all my big planes. I didn't expect to hear from the author himself. The cfg. you attached is just what I needed. Good advice too re: rcgh40, I was about to give that a try. Paul

Emile
06-16-2007, 01:19 AM
Hello Rob,
Thanks for the information. I ,up to now, never had any problem in FSX with the "old" version".
I will update all my aircrafts .... this will take some time ....

rcbarend
06-16-2007, 06:49 AM
>Hello Rob,
>Thanks for the information. I ,up to now, never had any
>problem in FSX with the "old" version".
>

Then you have been very lucky :-)

Cheers, Rob

hamiltonman
06-16-2007, 06:27 PM
Rob, I pasted in the panel.cfg you attached into my B737-800 and it all works great. Thanks. I'll use sections as a template for my other airplanes. Paul

hamiltonman
06-17-2007, 09:29 AM
Rob, Just noticed today what you meant about icon (arrow)being in permanent view (outside view/top center). I've gotten around this by dragging the arrow to the bottom left corner of screen where it is hardly noticeable and then I've saved this within my saved cold start of that particular plane. The icon in bottom left of V/C and 2D panel view is fine. Made the changes to my Lear45 panel today & all is fine there as with the B737-800. Paul