View Full Version : Learjet Throttle Markings

stephenhawk2
02-13-2007, 07:59 PM
I'm curious about the throttle abbreviations on the Learjet, bottom to top:

Cut off and Idle are obvious

MCR: Maximum Continuous Revolutions?

MCT: Maximum Continuous Temperature?

T/O: Take Off, no doubt

APR: the one that really baffles me. Not Approach, obviously (who would want to make a 500 knot approach) but what?

And if MCR is revolutions, why would MCT and T/O allow higher operating speeds?

N700MS
02-13-2007, 10:15 PM
MCR: not sure

MCT: Max Continuous Thrust

T/O: Take off

APR: Approach (use for go-arounds/missed approaches)

Augie
02-13-2007, 11:01 PM
MCR - (quote from 99jolegg)As far as I remember, MCR is the Maximum Cruise Rating where thrust is set to maintain the maximum cruise speed. As fuel is burnt, thrust will increase to maintain a higher speed for a lighter weight. All of the thrust settings work with the input of the FMC.(end quote)

SOURCE: 99jolegg (link below)

http://flyawaysimulation.com/postt21600.html

rumpel
02-16-2007, 12:29 PM
I believe the above answers are all correct, but the real thing uses a computer to set the power according to the throttle selections. I don't think you want to fly the FSX model using the throttle marks.

Regards,

John

rumpel
02-16-2007, 03:45 PM
I finally found an old demo pilot report on the Lear 45. He indicates APR stands for "Automatic Power Reserve", but he never again refers to it during his test report.

I thought there was some reference to N1 readings in his report, but they are not there. I can only find them in a write up I can't identify the source of, that says "Full Power for takeoff, 96% for maximum climb angle, and about 90% for cruise".

The demo pilot writes of taking off at "three clicks of throttle forward to TakeOff, just below the manual Automatic Power Reserve setting in case the automatic system fails." The "manual Automatic" stuff confuses me.

Regards,

John

rumpel
02-16-2007, 03:45 PM
I finally found an old demo pilot report on the Lear 45. He indicates APR stands for "Automatic Power Reserve", but he never again refers to it during his test report.

I thought there was some reference to N1 readings in his report, but they are not there. I can only find them in a write up I can't identify the source of, that says "Full Power for takeoff, 96% for maximum climb angle, and about 90% for cruise".

The demo pilot writes of taking off at "three clicks of throttle forward to TakeOff, just below the manual Automatic Power Reserve setting in case the automatic system fails." The "manual Automatic" stuff confuses me.

Regards,

John