PDA

View Full Version : How will addons run???

RyanbATC
11-10-2006, 02:19 PM
Here is the dilima...

We know most payware addon planes ran in FS9 well, but not as well as the default. Most payware planes ate a lot of FPS (not like a bad thing, but it's just because they were superior to the default models). How in the world are these same ones going to run in FSX when we already only have 5-10-15-20?? FPS in FSX? For example, I love my LevelD 767 for FS9....but in the VC, it definitely taxes my PC, dropping FPS by about 20 no matter where I fly.... In FS9, I had 40FPS at my hometown airport, of KGFK (rural area). I got about 18-20FPS in the VC with the LvlD. How the heck will I be able to run that in FSX?????? I don't even have 20FPS to start with in some locations. LOL. I'm pretty sure they won't be making the payware planes even more FPS-friendly...will they? If anything, they will have more of a FPS hit. All the bump mapping, lighting, reflections, etc etc, self shadowing. I mean, some of the FSX stock aircraft own my system lol!

Has anyone else worried about this?

Or is it just me?

Comments?

norton
11-10-2006, 02:50 PM
This hobby will be for the well off only it looks like, they better figure out how to utilize two cores ,then i can buy a reasonably priced dual core{ not a 1000 dollar 6800 extreme} because i aint buying no 3000$ comp. for a game ,,, the highest i will go is 8 or 900.

Andrew_L
11-10-2006, 02:57 PM
Just read a review (on the flightsim.com front page) for a payware A340 that although designed for FS2004, seems to function fine in FSX Ryan....maybe it'll all be ok. Guess its a wait n see thing

Andrew