PDA

View Full Version : fsx refund

geraldlanc
11-09-2006, 10:26 AM
Can't get fsx to install on my dell. Took it back for a refund from Best Buy, and they said store policy prohibits a refund, but they would give me "store credit" for other merchandise. I just want my money back, can they refuse a refund or am I missing something.
Gerald

Andrew_L
11-09-2006, 10:36 AM
Pretty sure they can. I believe its even stated on their receipts "exchange only, no refunds" You're probably lucky they are willing to give you store credit. that applies to most software vendors i've seen...and if you think about it, it makes some sense. eg: go out and buy FSX (or any software), install it, and then return it for a full refund. Maybe you'd have better luck demanding a refund from MS than the vendor (although i doubt it).

NOW...all that said, have you tried the tips and tweaks mentioned in the sticky above? they CAN make all the difference in the world. Whats your install problem?? there have been quite a few people with install issues and if you tell us what it is, maybe we can offer up solutions and make FSX something you can enjoy :)

McFlysky
11-09-2006, 11:33 AM
>Can't get fsx to install on my dell. Took it back for a
>refund from Best Buy, and they said store policy prohibits a
>refund, but they would give me "store credit" for other
>merchandise. I just want my money back, can they refuse a
>refund or am I missing something.
>Gerald

If they explained and gave you a copy of the store policy, then yes they can; but if they did'nt then complain to the Better Business Burear.

mgh
11-09-2006, 11:59 AM
Most retail outlets that have a policy of no refunds on software that's been unsealed for obvious reasons. Otherwise some people would install it and then ask for a refund.

jackhall
11-09-2006, 12:01 PM
McFly, if you buy any media from any store, take it home, open it, use it or not, then try to return it, you will NOT get a refund. That's because the CD you bought may reside on your iPod, or the movie may be on your computer, or FSX may still be functionally installed on your computer.

You'll generally get to replace a CD or DVD with the same title (if you claim the media doesn't work). Heck, getting a store credit is a lot, because, again, FSX can still reside and function on the computer.

The Better Business Bureau isn't going to make any store, anywhere, give away their product for free. Jack

Brian_Neuman
11-09-2006, 12:01 PM
>
>If they explained and gave you a copy of the store policy,
>then yes they can; but if they did'nt then complain to the
>Better Business Burearu.
>

It is printed on the receipt, so unless he didnt get a receipt, then he did get the policy. Pretty much everywhere employs the same rules for software, CD's, and DVD's.

Trev
11-09-2006, 02:55 PM
Here in NZ it is the same with software, you can change it for another title or get a credit, but no cash refund.

Trevor :)

Coneman
11-09-2006, 03:55 PM
Send it back directly to Microsoft. Don't have the address right off hand, but if you search a little I'm sure it isn't too hard to find. I sent CFS3 back and got a refund.

Cheers

pvarn
11-09-2006, 06:35 PM
Bought mine from Gamespot. When I took it back they offered to hand me a replacement. I told them the game un-installed itself and Microsoft didn't have a solution for 1722 so any new copy would also not install. They gave me cash back.
-Pv-

NickF
11-09-2006, 09:51 PM
For what it's worth, about 6 months ago I bought Ghost Recon - Advanced Warfighter from Best Buy. At the time I told the sales clerk that I wasn't sure if it would run on my rig (I was running a GeForce 5200 at the time.)

He promised me that if it wouldn't run I could return it. I took it home, installed it, and got a slide show.

Went back to the store about 90 minutes leter, looked the guy up, and told him results. He took me directly to Customer Servicd, and they prompty refunded my money, no arguments. So you never can tell...

slindmeyer
11-09-2006, 11:00 PM
Look on the back of your receipt and on the wall behind customer service, there is a large sign that anyone who isn't blind could see. I would take the store credit if I were you, but I am not you because I am happy with my copy running on my 3+ year old computer.