PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to have multiple installations?

capfranz
11-06-2006, 02:01 PM
I am using FS9 and have over the years, added a ton of pay and free ware to it and tweaked it to a point, where I am very happy of what I’ve got. Many of you have undoubtedly done the same and over the years have bought every new copy MS released to the market, installed it and let go of the old one. This year is no exception and I bought a copy of FSX, but I am unwilling to let go of my trusted, familiar FS9. I also do not want to lose many of the aircraft, that will no longer run in FSX.

My question is this: “Can I install and run both FS software on the same computer?” (Multiple Installations) I know I have the space on the hard drives (3) and the system is powerful enough to handle the required workload demanded by FSX. What about the hardware such as CH Yoke and pedals? Will they function in the same way, when switching between the two flight simulators, via an icon on the desktop for example?

If anybody knows a way how to do this if at all, I would be grateful.

Franz K

Captain America
11-06-2006, 02:11 PM
I have both FS9 and FSX installed on the same hard drive with no
problems.

I routinely switch back and forth from one to the other making
comparisions. Only one is running at a time though.

I use a CH Products Combat FighterStick for both with no problems.
All button assignments work the same in each simulator.

I have an icon for each on my desktop. I can close one and immediately open the other with no problems.

Adrian Wainer
11-06-2006, 03:13 PM
I have FSX, FS9 and FS2002 on the same machine, this causes no problems.

Best and Warm Regards
Adrian Wainer