View Full Version : FS2002 Tips gone forever!?
03-11-2002, 08:51 AM
Well it looks like the Tips have gone.
I'm the last one to start drawing conclusions or critisizing anybody, but the way I see it, the Tips were not the property of anyone in particular.
If anything, they belong to the people who put in the hard work of trial and error and sometimes sheer inspiration!
I would also hope that these people had provided the results of their work for the benefit of the simming comunity as a whole and not for Mr X or Mr Y.
Sorry to see them go.
03-11-2002, 09:00 AM
Totaly agree with you John.
03-11-2002, 09:18 AM
LAST EDITED ON Mar-11-02 AT 09:19AM (EDT)[p]Well, if any of the original authors have saved their tips (especially the very long, detailed tips), it wouldn't be hard at all for flightsim.com to make another tips page and have a "call for entries". Or if anyone has the pages in cache and can recover the original text, that would be easy too. We could get most, if not all, of the tips section back up in a different location.
This little drama between John & Nels does not have to affect the rest of us all that much, aside from the annoyance of John's post-flooding.
*um, the OTHER John; not Mr. deGiorgio. :) *
03-11-2002, 09:27 AM
I have saved all pages of the tips site as soon as the trouble started. Primarily just for my own library. I wouln't mind making them public, BUT (!), I first want to contact John first. The last thing I want is to create a misunderstanding between him and me.
03-11-2002, 09:46 AM
Hey, Calypso. Email me please.
03-11-2002, 10:03 AM
>I have saved all pages of
>the tips site as soon
>as the trouble started. Primarily
>just for my own library.
>I wouln't mind making them
>public, BUT (!), I first
>want to contact John first.
>The last thing I want
>is to create a misunderstanding
>between him and me.
I suffer from no such `misunderstandings`.
John never `owned` the tips, so they may freely be uploaded anywhere, just not in the original format. Anyone who want's to host them can have 'em...
I am, however, still waiting to hear from these so-called `new owners` of WebCreate2000, or whatever it's called, that they will NOT breach my copyright on my tips.
Sadly, I think that will never happen and John's retaliation will be revealed to be all "p!ss & wind", as we say here in the UK...
Sad, very sad.
03-11-2002, 10:33 AM
If you want to host them, be my guest. However, IF (mark the if!) I will make them public again, it will be on a few conditions.
First, I want to sort some things out with some people, most importantly John as soon as I can contact him (John: hint! :-)). No matter what you say, I don't want to get involved in either a legal issue, or a fight with John. If I will make them public again, I want everybody to be satisfied with the orginization.
Secondly, as you are pointing out, any copyright that may exist in regards to the tips are by the author of these tips. I have little knowledge in the legal field, so I want to figure out how one and other works in regard to tips/owners.
Finally: I am sure that if I don't make them public, someone else will. So, give it some time, and it will all settle.
03-11-2002, 10:59 AM
The tips are not gone forever, and we hope to have them back up soon.
Let me make a few remarks, then I am going to lock this thread, as no further discussion is required on the subject.
1. Nels Anderson, the owner of FlightSim.com, and a pioneer in FS on the web (it even got him to become a pilot for real), is not only NOT a "thief" or "pirate", but one of the most honest and professional individuals I know.
2. In my opinion, the manner in which this matter concerning the tips page was handled yesterday was among the most unprofessional acts I have ever seen in my 43 years. Doing this on a Sunday, doing this in a public forum, and not allowing any time for response from Nels, leaves me very upset. Until this morning, Nels did not even know what was happening, as he was busy on other matters yesterday, and does not "live" at the forums. He averages over 100 e-mails a day, and is still catching up from e-mail from Sunday.
Nels was shown absolutely no consideration in this matter.
3. Certain remarks made in the "spam" that was posted here were inaccurate and defamatory towards Nels. All of this spam has been removed. Inaccurate and defamatory remarks of this nature will always be removed from any thread that appears here, as this is unacceptable conduct.
4. One way or the other, the tips will return. We are working on this right now, and needless to say, we do have the tips information; it was not lost. :-)
5. Please do not start any more threads concerning this matter.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.0 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.