PDA

View Full Version : Purchased the Archer III last night and....

Seanfg
03-07-2007, 03:59 PM
...I'm awe struck. The detail in this bird is just amazing and it is so much fun to play with last night (I got very little sleep). It was a tough decision though I might add as I had to decide on which hobby to spend the money. Do I buy a new plane for my flight sim, or do I buy that coral frag I've been eyeing at the pet store for my reef tanks. Let me just say, I didn't look back once I got it loaded up in the sim, I really enjoy flying this plane. I really appreciate the hard work Dreamfleet and all those involved put into making this plane and give you my sincere thanks.

I do however also have a question regarding the Beechcraft A36. One of the reasons I chose to purchase the Archer III was the selling point of smooth VC gauges and was not disappointed once I saw just how smooth they are. I also own the A36 and really enjoy that plane very much but the only negative I have is that the VC gauges aren't particularly smooth. Is it possible to somehow port the Archer III smooth VC technology to the A36? I would be willing to pay for an upgrade to have the same smooth gauges the Archer III has in the A36. If this is not possible I understand, but either way, I have no regrets about the A36 and thoroughly enjoy it. Thank again for your hard work, it makes my playtime that much more enjoyable.

Lou_Betti
03-07-2007, 05:32 PM
Hi Sean,

Thanks for the kind remarks. Happy to hear you are happy with the Archer.

You can't port or pay for an upgrade per se, but you can get an upgrade that will put those gauges in ALL your planes, regardless of who made them:

http://www.reality-xp.com/products/FLNT/index.htm

Just purchase Reality XP's Flight Line N and T gauges and "got to town" as they say! :)

Regards,
[link:www.dreamfleet2000.com|http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx2/forum_banners/LOU.gif]
[font size=1][font color=blue]Can you pilot a plane, instead of programming an FMC to do it for you?[/font color= blue][/font size=1]

Seanfg
03-07-2007, 08:08 PM
I'm no stranger to Reality-XP as I purchased the Jet-Line 2 for my B1900D some time ago. They make some of the best looking gauges I have ever seen and they are liquid smooth in the 2-D panel which is a really welcome feature. As I understand it, these gauges, the Flight Line N&T, were use in the Archer III. Is it these gauges alone that will determine VC gauge smoothness in the A36? If I purchase and put say the Flight Line T Altimeter in the A36 VC cockpit, will it, the Flight Line T Altimeter, run as smooth as the altimeter in the Archer III VC?

zfehr
03-07-2007, 09:54 PM
The Flight Line gauges used in the Archer are the same ones as in the payware RXP FLT package. Since the Archer, Bonanza and Baron from Dreamfleet all use a single VC panel entry they should all exhibit the same smoothness with the FLT and FLN gauges. Also, make sure your Dreamfleet Bonanza is upgraded to the r3.