PDA

View Full Version : Fligplan in Reality XP GPS

Eagle
09-23-2005, 05:13 PM
Is it possible to import a flightplan from whereever (preferable FS Navigator or a mean clean FS2004 plan) to the Reality XP GPS?

br
Øivind

jcboliveira
09-23-2005, 05:25 PM
Right now. No it isn't. The reason is simple. The real 530 doesn't know what it is FS2004 FP format.

José

alastairmonk
09-23-2005, 06:37 PM
In the real GNS530/GNS430 the flightplan has to be entered manually, line by line. So it is in the RealityXP version !

If you've created a plan in FSNavigator it does at least give you a list of the waypoints to be entered.

Alastair

Lou_Betti
09-23-2005, 06:50 PM
Correct, as usual, Mr. Monk. The real 430/530 do not have flight plan import features. We enter them in manually everytime (except for those we may have previously stored).

Regards,
[link:www.dreamfleet2000.com|http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx2/forum_banners/LOU.gif]
[font size=1][font color=blue]Can you pilot a plane, instead of programming an FMC to do it for you?[/font color= blue][/font size=1]

Eagle
09-23-2005, 07:47 PM
Okidoki! That's what I've just been doing, entered a plan by hand. There were some waypoints that the 530 didn't recognise, espesially ISECs: NUW04 and TCM84 today and some others in the Seattle aerea yesterday. (I had to enter them manually.) Is there some way I can update the database?

And Lou, this Baron is absolutely perfect, I can't think of anything at all that's not 100%.

But I have one question. In the late approach and on final at speeds below 100 and full flaps it seems very light in the control. Don't know how to express this, but it reacts to control input quite fast, like driving my old Citroen AX ... is that how the real Baron flies?

br
(A very happy) Eagle

RealityXP
09-23-2005, 09:05 PM
The Baron comes with a GNS database that matches the FS2004 navaids database. However, an AIRAC SEP05 is now available! more information is available here:

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=13589&PN=1&TPN=1

Hope this helps!

Jean-Luc

alastairmonk
09-23-2005, 09:10 PM
This from Jean-Luc:

Hi All,

Garmin has updated its Garmin Trainer with a new database cycle 0509. After checking, I confirm they do work with the Reality XP software. The only change in fact is the database. You can download the new trainers from the Garmin web site:

http://www.garmin.com/products/gns530/#

If you want to update without loosing your actual settings in your Garmins (flight plans, etc…):

- rename your Garmin trainer folders (should be in your C:\Program Files\GARMIN\ or for some others C:\GNS430 or C:\GNS530)

- install the new ones

- copy Americas.img and Intrnatl.img and FDEPRDCT.EXE from the new installation folders, to the renamed folders.

- Delete the new installation folders, and rename back your previous folders!

After a couple tests, we will publish an official note on the forum and website, but our initial analysis show the udpate is good to go with the Reality XP 430XP and 530XP!

Jean-Luc

I now use the later version, and it works just fine !

Alastair

Edit:

Jean-Luc beat me to it !