PDA

View Full Version : DF 737 in for major overhall...Cardinal ...wow..what fun

doncarlos
03-10-2003, 11:23 PM
After almost three years of flying DF 737 including, "around the world trips", time to put the DF737 in for a major overhall...and use the Cardinal as a fun go anywhere; bring the peanut butter sandwich and Pepsi lunch ...and just fly.

First, can't believe how computer dependent I have become. Translation....basic navagation ain't easy, as I recall, it never was.

I am using - no new GPS, no nothing...boy this Cardinal is fun
go anywhere anytime and land anywhere.. any time..well almost ...still have to try ..oh-oh night flight coming up tomorrow ..got from Fredricton,,,Digby to Bangor ...need to get the new girl to Caldwell.

It will be fun to have her 2 miles from the office...

The point is ...wow this Card is fun.

doncarlos

Lou_Betti
03-10-2003, 11:41 PM
Time to get back to the basics, Don.

Remember, almost anyone can do it with automation and fancy doo-dads, especially is FS.

I spent 25+ years flying for real before I EVER flew a plane with altitude hold. ;-)

I have yet to use an autopilot on a real instrument approach.

Have fun!

Regards,
[link:www.dreamfleet2000.com|http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/Forum_Banners/DF_BANNER_FORUM_LOUF.jpg]

doncarlos
03-11-2003, 12:01 AM
LAST EDITED ON Mar-10-03 AT 11:14PM (EST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Mar-10-03 AT 11:02 PM (EST)

Now I know I am learning, because, I except in 00 conditions, shut the DF AP off at 5K. It just confused me after that.. all I wanted to do was land...and so I did "according to the ""rules""

Thanks

doncarlos