PDA

View Full Version : Help with entering LEGS into the FMC

liebowa
07-14-2002, 10:18 AM
I'm fairly that I've read this before in this forum, but the SEARCH did not yield any results - and, YES, I've read through the manuals, but I can't find the answer.

I need to enter the following route into the FMC: RKA, HNK, HNK271, J190, SLT, GRACE2.

The two points that I'm having trouble with are HNK271 and J190. Can someone please guide me through the process of how to enter these?

Thanks in advance...

trekkerj
07-14-2002, 10:52 AM
HNK271 is a point on the HNK 271 degree radial. If you know the distance from HNK, you can enter this point on the FIX page using this information. However, looking at my handy H-3 chart, it appears that HNK271 might be the intersection called KONJE. Indeed, this intersection leads right into J190. J190 is not entered in the LEGS page since it is not a point, but rather a high altitude route.

In the ROUTE page, enter (DIRECT is automatically entered if you don't give a route)

VIA TO
DIRECT RKA
DIRECT HNK
DIRECT KONJE
J190 SLT

activate this route, go into the DEP/ARR page, find the arrival for your airport, select the GRACE STAR, and the SLT transition. Then go to the LEGS page to see that everything is in order.