PDA

View Full Version : For those worried about the A340 -

Mark_McG
05-25-2002, 06:12 AM
Fraser Turner of Dreamfleet posted ascreenshot of the A340 the other day.

Follow this link to view it:

http://www.flightsim.com/dcforum/DCForumID3/6485.html

Also, at around the time the ARCHER was being developed, Lou Made the following points that are of note:

1. Not all DF Members are working on the A340 or the B727.

2. Lou himself was actually doing very little work on the A340, and therefore had time to work on GA aircraft.

3. A GA aircraft takes maybe 50 % or more less time to develop than an Airliner.

Hope this helps to ease some minds about the state of play of the A340. I don't think DF will release any preview shots of the Panel until it's nearing beta testing.

Mark

fturner
05-25-2002, 09:42 AM
Thanks Mark, your post summed it up nicely on the A340 :-).

Not only does it take longer to build an airliner, but an advanced aircraft like the A340 compared to the B727 takes even longer. Also remember that Microsoft modeled the airliners after the Boeing series of aircraft and not the Airbus. This makes things even longer to build the panel and the airfile to match the Airbus's computer systems etc.

best regards :-).

[link:www.dreamfleet2000.com|http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/Forum_Banners/DF_BANNER_FORUM_FRASER2.jpg]

charlie7
05-25-2002, 10:13 AM
thanks for the update,
i know it will take a while but it's just nice to know that it is still in the works,....

Lou_Betti
05-25-2002, 11:50 AM
LAST EDITED ON May-25-02 AT 11:52AM (EDT)[p]Did we ever say it was not in the works????????

Everyone should realize the fact that there will be SEVERAL releases BEFORE the A340 appears, and we wish to make note of them here without fear that those who are ONLY interested in the A340 will question us, and say things like "you're jumping all over the place".

NO, we are not jumping all over the place, or "biting off more than we can chew". We just happen to have plans, and we do not make ALL of our plans known in public.

Right now, there are two products in the works, one of which just had its panel completed this week, and neither of these products will even be mentioned in public for at least another month.

I realize that to some of you, the A340 is all you are interested in, and that is fine. However, believe it or not, there are many who are interested in other things we are or may be doing, and posting a photo of the C-310 should not lead to us being taken to task by those who feel we should be spending all of our time on the A340.

I watched the PSS forum, as that group was driven to distraction over obsession with the Airbus, to the point where they had to go to a moderated forum, just so they could get work done. This will not happen here.

We will update and preview on the A340 at the web site only when we are ready, and you can expect that you will not see any web site updates for quite some time. Based on what PSS went through, we are not going to subject ourselves to that, by showing things, and then getting questioned to distraction by those who think we should change how we are doing it, or whether we are simulating every last little doo-dad to 100% reality. We simply do not have the time for this.

Sorry, but experience has shown us how we must handle the Airbus. Aside from Fraser showing some aircraft model shots, and I having posting some 2D interior views, it is under tight wraps, so please do not ask us further about it, or send threads off topic with questions about it, which happened with my C-310 post yesterday. I found that to be most inconsiderate and rude.

Thanks. :-)

Regards,
[link:www.dreamfleet2000.com|http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/Forum_Banners/DF_BANNER_FORUM_LOU.jpg]

AirbusAces
05-25-2002, 12:01 PM
"Right now, there are two products in the works, one of which just had its panel completed this week, and neither of these products will even be mentioned in public for at least another month."

Including the 727 and the C-310 so you've got 4 aircraft in the running, 5 if you include the A340!?

~wow

McFeather
05-25-2002, 01:17 PM
NO WAY!, That can't be right ?

Can it ? :o

Lou_Betti
05-25-2002, 02:08 PM
Oh yeah?

Wanna bet?

;-)

Regards,
[link:www.dreamfleet2000.com|http://www.dreamfleet2000.com/gfx/images/Forum_Banners/DF_BANNER_FORUM_LOU.jpg]

AirbusAces
05-25-2002, 02:17 PM
"NO, we are not jumping all over the place, or "biting off more than we can chew". We just happen to have plans, and we do not make ALL of our plans known in public."

5 planes at the same time is a lot!
I'd rather see 1 plane at a time, and brought to us, the public, much quicker than having a slower flood of aircraft, anyway, just my opinion.

Regards,
;-)

w6ffc
05-25-2002, 02:53 PM
"I'd rather see 1 plane at a time, and brought to us, the public, much quicker than having a slower flood of aircraft, anyway, just my opinion."

Feel free to start your own FS development company and run it the way YOU see fit.

"NO, we are not jumping all over the place, or "biting off more than we can chew".

I'd say from the sucess of the Archer and 737 and the rest of the planes/panels they have done Lou just MIGHT have an idea of what he is doing and second guessing his every word only serves to take time away from the projects he/they are working on.

Cut the guy some slack....

Just MY opinion..

Mike

McFeather
05-25-2002, 04:11 PM
LAST EDITED ON May-25-02 AT 04:12PM (EDT)[p]I think with Dreamfleet bringing on new members they are fairly capable of doing 5 projects at a time.

:D:D:D:D

EDIT: all very very talented team members at that might i add!

Erick_Cantu
05-25-2002, 05:09 PM
LAST EDITED ON May-25-02 AT 05:10PM (EDT)[p]Touche....;-)

What the public may not realize is that sometimes it's nice to have more than one project going...in my case it eliminates boredom. When I get tired of working on the 737 I work on the MD80 or the 990A...this way, I actually get something done...Lear's entered testing phase by the way Lou...hey, we finally have something! :-)

:-lol

-E

[font size=1]
FLIGHTFX POLICY
1.) We design for reality, not for idealism.
Thus, you will not see virtual cabins on our aircraft. You can not see inside the real thing anyway, unless you are looking into the sun. You will find virtual cockpits but they will not be visible from outside for the same reason.
2.) We design for people with real computers. Thusly, we will not waste polygons on superfluous parts. We will use a texture when there is no noticeable difference between it and a group of performance wasting parts. We will model our aircraft efficiently. If you do not like it, too bad.
3.) We will give you the latest features, but we WILL NOT sacrifice visual accuracy to implement them. Accuracy comes before eye candy.[/font size]

http://flightsimmers.net/airport/nwva0670/SONICFFX.gif

McFeather
05-25-2002, 05:56 PM
Forgive me for changing the subject of this post..but how is your 737 model coming on ?

I really cant wait for it!!, its fantastic :-)!!

Erick_Cantu
05-25-2002, 08:26 PM
Ah...slowly...:-)

The wings are what's bogging me down, but they're coming along. After that all I REALLY need to do is make the gearbays...and fit it all together and export in GMax...there's more to do than that, but it's pretty technical...:-)

-E

[font size=1]
FLIGHTFX POLICY
Thus, you will not see virtual cabins on our aircraft. You can not see inside the real thing anyway, unless you are looking into the sun. You will find virtual cockpits but they will not be visible from outside for the same reason.
2.) We design for people with real computers. Thusly, we will not waste polygons on superfluous parts. We will use a texture when there is no noticeable difference between it and a group of performance wasting parts. We will model our aircraft efficiently. If you do not like it, too bad.
3.) We will give you the latest features, but we WILL NOT sacrifice visual accuracy to implement them. Accuracy comes before eye candy.[/font size]

Erick_Cantu
05-26-2002, 12:10 AM
...Thousgh this is not my forum and I should keep this out of here...you asked for it!!! :-)

These are just the wings...the fuselage is the same as the last time I posted shots of it...

http://www.flightsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3cf05fda65d1660f.jpg

-E

[font size=1]
FLIGHTFX POLICY

Tabs
05-26-2002, 04:11 AM
Lou and CO, don't worry about the complainers, we all know your last two products speak for themselves and you guys always get it right. I can't wait to see your A340 because I'm sure it's going to be the best possible representation under FS2002...

racko
05-26-2002, 07:15 AM
Actually Dreamfleet has recently lost 2 of it's members, Hans Hartmann and Marcel Felde.

darthjeff
05-27-2002, 02:15 AM
I'll just say : take all your time, I think that kind of plane is a bit more difficult to make because it's very different from the boeing (you can make some looping with a boeing but not with an airbus).

So take your time to make the most beautiful A340 ever (I know it'll be the first detailled A340).

Pelgrims Jean-François aka Darth Jeff
Belgium

JarJarBlinks
05-27-2002, 08:48 AM
5 planes, Lou? First of all, your going to give yourself a heart attack! Second of all, when are you going to have time to fly up so we can meet!

:-)
--------------------
Steve

"Ladies and Gentlemen, we just discovered an exception to the rule that what goes up must come down, the landing gear"