03-25-2002, 12:05 PM
we have we not seen anything like this?
glass panlels with IFR toys in small GA aircraft.
03-26-2002, 01:15 AM
If you mean cockpit panel construction for small a/c like..say cessna 150, then :
1. add PCI VGA to your CPU, connect it to 17 or 20 inch monitor.
2. Set your win98/Me for multy monitor and set them to stack above/below (not left-right configuration)
3. Make cessna wood panel, make some holes for the instruments, and your avionics (& using epic or other product for switches/nav/comm/ a/p) <G>...
4. Open your 17 inch monitor casing and place it (tube and pcb!) behind the wood panel.. (DANGER!!!), and your main monitor (that conected with fast AGP VGA card) for outside view - above the panel <G>..
5. Start FS and dont go full screen, undock the FS panel and drag it to the second-PCI-17-inch-monitor below, and save the situation, then make a new full-screen panel for cessna (using 3rd party panel designer) to fit the holes on the wood-panel with the gauges...
6. You now have a 'real' cessna panel.... enjoy flying..
You can design other cockpit with this methode for other a/c, small or large a/c, and you can add more pci-vga-card for GPS, or other gauge, and you can edit the a/c panel configuration so those gauge can be drag to the next monitor, don't forget to save the situation.., I know a man (JAPAN) did a B737-200 cockpit using only one CPU with 1 AGP and 3 PCI VGA-card...
This is a non 'magenta-project' approach for cockpit building, but you still can use networked PC for 'WIDE-VIEW' or others...
I hope thats the right answer for your question, if not then I am sorry... :)
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2013 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.