PDA

View Full Version : .:.:.Art doesn't always imitate life.:.:.

LVBer123
06-17-2004, 11:28 AM
Wow those are funny! :)

JohnKrist
06-17-2004, 11:28 AM
LOL, the series is back ;)

Well, I went with the flow and edited my posts in the previous topic, sorry for that, but the main part of the posts are unedited, just changed from "series" to screen shot, and I still think that this is not something to be offended by. It's humour, just look at the Space Shuttle For Dummies book :-lol

PurdueAviation
06-17-2004, 11:49 AM
Wow....those are just wrong...

It's unfortunate that some people would want to poke fun like this after two serious tragedies whether or not they were one, ten, or twenty years ago.

Wouldn't it just be more entertaining to make fun of people that would want to post pictures like this then making fun of actual events?

JohnKrist
06-17-2004, 12:10 PM
>Wouldn't it just be more entertaining to make fun of people
>that would want to post pictures like this then making fun
>of actual events?

Well, I don't think it's making fun of an actual event, there has not been a mid air crash with the shuttle involved, and a shuttle has never landed in a small forest airstrip.

Soundwhiz
06-17-2004, 12:13 PM
This is the nice thing about commenting on pictures in this forum. We all interpret things differently and we can share our opinions.

You chose the 'ridicule NASA' position whereas another poster thought they were amusing.

The shuttle in my pictures landed safely by the way, so it has no bearing on the recent NASA disaster.

Thanks for stopping by!

:-wave

ketakopter
06-17-2004, 12:49 PM
I like them! :) I don't think it makes fun of any disaster

Jonathan744
06-17-2004, 01:21 PM
Some people will take any chance to say something is "wrong" because it involves darker humor....i think it's funny! no problem with having a sense of humor...keeping in mind the disasters that we've indured over the last few decades.

Soundwhiz
06-17-2004, 01:31 PM
Precisely, Jonathan. Darker humour is an appropriate term.

I think constant striving for 'safe for all' postings inhibits creativity. There is a number of exceptionally talented artists at this forum and they are successful because they continously redefine the art of taking screen shots by providing unique angles.

The last time I got yelled at was when I made a pic of a nuclear blast at an airport. Not once during the production of that, or the shots in this post, did I think, "Wow, this ought to ridicule disaster victims!".

For me, the focus is on taking/making shots that stand out and if I accidentally offend anyone then that's a risk I am ready to take. And so should anyone.

Thanks for stopping by, Jonathan.

:-wave

populousste
06-17-2004, 02:09 PM
Some good edits and shots, but I did not find that funny

Soundwhiz
03-18-2005, 08:49 AM
Feel free to take a swing at me!

Kris